“Good location, nice sized rooms”

Brighton Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place has a terrific location close to the beach, restaurants etc. The suite set up was convenient, and worked well for our family (2 adults, one kid). Furniture was older but clean and well maintained. The bathroom had been redone and there was a small indoor pool (water is on the warmer side, which my son and I loved, my husband did not). I liked staying on the 2nd floor because the hallways had cute little plants and fountains on that level. On the upper levels, the hallways were way too warm! Unfortunately, our room faced Wilmington Avenue and it was loud! You could hear people partying and singing at a nearby bar for most of the night. It bothered me some, but my son slept through it. The walls were also somewhat thin, so you could hear kids running, crying etc. more than you would expect - I couldn't be too upset about it, though, having a kid of my own who was occasionally running and crying as well! Staff was nice, and they offered chairs, towels, umbrellas to take to the beach. I would recommend this place to families, not so much for couples sans kids.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from Wilmington Ave! Second floor is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great location to the beach and all restaurants, shopping, etc.. Suite was very clean and had enough space for our family of five. Hotel gives beach towels and small chairs and umbrellas. Indoor pool with sundeck and parking for one car.
Only negative was it was noisy early in the morning with delivery trucks and garbage pickup.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Avoid Brightem Suites in Rehoboth Beach! I made my hotel reservations a month in advance and when we arrived, we did not get the room we requested and were promised. This hotel will not do anything for you when they make a mistake. We asked, more than once and they did Absolutely nothing! The sofa bed I was forced to sleep on gave me a serious backache after two nights. After that decacle, we noticed how run down the place was. There was water damage on the ceiling of the room, the sheets were bare thin, the hall and stairs ways were dirty and dingy and the beach chairs, towels and umbrella they toute as a great extra were of vey low quailty. Avoid this place! It's not worth the money and heavens forbid they make a mistake, because they're not going to fix it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to take a long weekend in Rehoboth Beach july 13-15. We arrived at the hotel around 1230 pm hoping for early check in. They took my phone number and called us when the room was ready around 130pm. They allowed us to park in the parking garage under the hotel while we waited. The Parking garage was flooded with 2-4 inches of water it seemed like from a storm. So no matter where you parked your feet were going to get wet. The parking spaces were EXTREMELY tight...
The Hotel room itself is pretty average but very spacious. The Best part of the room was the bathroom, which looked like it had gotten renovated fairly recently. The rest of the room could use an upgrade... The King sized bed we stayed in was pretty hard, so If you prefer a hard matress this is the place for you. In addition, you can hear pretty much everything your neighbors are doing, the walls are very thin.. The pool is an indoor pool and wasn't really something we wanted to do. Its pretty small and didn't look very fun..

The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach in a very good location. They will give you an umberella, beach chairs, and beach towels if you want which are very convienent if you don't want to pack them away. A lot of restaurants and shops are very close..

Attempted late check out, but they could not accomodate us. They allowed us to keep the car in the swamp garage until 130 and use the guest shower and bathroom by the swimming pool. Overall I think it was a pretty average Hotel... Definitely not a great value for two nights.. I think we would rather stay across the street at the Avenue Inn next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor away from wilmington street are quieter!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hordan
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Place was clean and had lots of room for two People (could hold 4 Comfortably). Staff was friendly and helpful! great Locale. Your only a block to the beach and close to all the eateries in town! I didn't get to use the pool area because there were storms in the area. I can't say enough about the Staff. The genuinely want your stay to be memorable!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We spent a night at Brighton Suites while visiting Rehoboth Beach this summer. I booked online so check in was quick and problem free. The basement parking spots were a little tight for our family mini-van but it was manageable and indoor parking is always a plus. The room is very clean when we arrived and the bathroom is complete with all the necessary items. The double beds are adequate but the sofabed is so-so. They have a nice indoor pool on the top floor and a good size roof deck where you can hang out. If you will go to the beach, they have umbrellas and beach towels available. The downside to this hotel is that even though it is just a block away from the each, it doesn't have an ocean view nor a view of Rehoboth Ave where there are lots of activities (great for people watching).

I would recommend this hotel but will probably try other hotels in the area the next time we stay at Rehoboth Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank akosikenn
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I just spent over $300 to spend the night at the Brighton Suites. A better name would be Mildewed run down Suites. My list of complaints could go on and on. I didn't dare take off my shoes because the carpet was wet and mildewed. There were so many holes punched in the walls I lost count. That is likely due to the fact the walls are paper thin. You could here the entire conversation in the room next to you (could here more but I will keep this rated PG). Countertops were torn and in disrepair. The place doesn't look like they've spent a penny on maintenance in 15 years. To top it off there is a surly desk clerk, inefficient and ineffective housekeepers and hundreds of kids running up and down the halls. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple