“Pleasant Stay”

Brighton Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just spent 3 days/nights at Brighton Suites. Very pleasnt, accomodating, clean and close to beach, restaurants/shopping. Especially liked the comfort of parking your car for the whole stay without using it again.When we asked for extra towels they were right there. Make sure you ask for a safe key so you can store valubales while you are out, really liked that. And renember you are paying for proximity in the high season so the price is justified.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charles K

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We've just returned from a two night beach trip with our daughter and two grandsons. We love the Brighton. This was our fourth stay there, and I do agree that it isn't the fanciest place in town, but we have been treated as though we were their only guests during each stay. Perhaps you find what you give, or what you are determined to see. (I reference some of the negative comments made by others.) The rooms are spacious, and for us, surprisingly quiet - in other words, I have never been bothered by noisy neighbors, and I am an extremely light sleeper. We have received full consideration to each request whether it be more towels, extra blankets, batteries for the remote, a TV that wasn't working, or a light that needed a new bulb. The staff is stellar. Perhaps they know they are dealing with a lot of competition and work extra hard to overcome the downsides. No, the towels are not Egyptian cotton - do you really need that at a hotel? The beach chairs range from old to brand new - you can always bring your own. That's what we do when we're in town for a longer stay. The beach towels are a super convenience; no wet sandy towels in the room - how thick does a free towel have to be? In other words, the Brighton is a great spot for a Rehoboth Beach respite, and we'll be back. Also, they have some brilliant deals, especially for a return visit.

Room Tip: Request a room on the fourth floor. There's no one above you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry P
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place has a terrific location close to the beach, restaurants etc. The suite set up was convenient, and worked well for our family (2 adults, one kid). Furniture was older but clean and well maintained. The bathroom had been redone and there was a small indoor pool (water is on the warmer side, which my son and I loved, my husband did not). I liked staying on the 2nd floor because the hallways had cute little plants and fountains on that level. On the upper levels, the hallways were way too warm! Unfortunately, our room faced Wilmington Avenue and it was loud! You could hear people partying and singing at a nearby bar for most of the night. It bothered me some, but my son slept through it. The walls were also somewhat thin, so you could hear kids running, crying etc. more than you would expect - I couldn't be too upset about it, though, having a kid of my own who was occasionally running and crying as well! Staff was nice, and they offered chairs, towels, umbrellas to take to the beach. I would recommend this place to families, not so much for couples sans kids.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from Wilmington Ave! Second floor is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great location to the beach and all restaurants, shopping, etc.. Suite was very clean and had enough space for our family of five. Hotel gives beach towels and small chairs and umbrellas. Indoor pool with sundeck and parking for one car.
Only negative was it was noisy early in the morning with delivery trucks and garbage pickup.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Avoid Brightem Suites in Rehoboth Beach! I made my hotel reservations a month in advance and when we arrived, we did not get the room we requested and were promised. This hotel will not do anything for you when they make a mistake. We asked, more than once and they did Absolutely nothing! The sofa bed I was forced to sleep on gave me a serious backache after two nights. After that decacle, we noticed how run down the place was. There was water damage on the ceiling of the room, the sheets were bare thin, the hall and stairs ways were dirty and dingy and the beach chairs, towels and umbrella they toute as a great extra were of vey low quailty. Avoid this place! It's not worth the money and heavens forbid they make a mistake, because they're not going to fix it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to take a long weekend in Rehoboth Beach july 13-15. We arrived at the hotel around 1230 pm hoping for early check in. They took my phone number and called us when the room was ready around 130pm. They allowed us to park in the parking garage under the hotel while we waited. The Parking garage was flooded with 2-4 inches of water it seemed like from a storm. So no matter where you parked your feet were going to get wet. The parking spaces were EXTREMELY tight...
The Hotel room itself is pretty average but very spacious. The Best part of the room was the bathroom, which looked like it had gotten renovated fairly recently. The rest of the room could use an upgrade... The King sized bed we stayed in was pretty hard, so If you prefer a hard matress this is the place for you. In addition, you can hear pretty much everything your neighbors are doing, the walls are very thin.. The pool is an indoor pool and wasn't really something we wanted to do. Its pretty small and didn't look very fun..

The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach in a very good location. They will give you an umberella, beach chairs, and beach towels if you want which are very convienent if you don't want to pack them away. A lot of restaurants and shops are very close..

Attempted late check out, but they could not accomodate us. They allowed us to keep the car in the swamp garage until 130 and use the guest shower and bathroom by the swimming pool. Overall I think it was a pretty average Hotel... Definitely not a great value for two nights.. I think we would rather stay across the street at the Avenue Inn next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor away from wilmington street are quieter!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hordan
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Place was clean and had lots of room for two People (could hold 4 Comfortably). Staff was friendly and helpful! great Locale. Your only a block to the beach and close to all the eateries in town! I didn't get to use the pool area because there were storms in the area. I can't say enough about the Staff. The genuinely want your stay to be memorable!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family