“Great Hotel (I'm staying here in Dewey from now on)”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. I've stayed at quite a few of the other hotels (hole in the walls) in the heart of Dewey. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this establishment. It is 1 mile away from all of the dewey hangouts and the beach. So be prepared to walk or drive (since the Jolly Trolly does not go that direction). However, due to the quality of my room, I did not mind the walk one bit (plus the exercise helped me work off some the Grotto Pizza). Also, they have free fast wifi and a FREE continental breakfast. Book this hotel, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is a solid hotel. It is nothing special, but it is nicer than most of the hotels within a mile and a half of the beach; either at Dewey or Rehoboth.

It is very clean, the rooms are large, it is surprisingly quiet, and it even has a decent complimentary breakfast. It is juuuuuuuuuust close enough to the beach to actually walk the distance (less then a mile) without becoming excessive. There are no notable restaurants or bars in the immediate vicinity; once again requiring a walk of about a mile.

It is pricey, but compared to everything else in the area it is priced accordingly. I definitely do recommend the hotel, but just don't expect too much for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JUSTPLAYING
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Full disclosure - I am a Choice Privileges member which means I stayed here for free on points. I always begin my free Choice Hotel stay reviews with the question - Would I have paid and been satisfied? Answer for this hotel stay is "Yes". It has been renovated in the last couple of years so it's received a bit of a needed facelift. You'll pay a bit more for this hotel because it is within walking distance to the beach - not the Rehoboth boardwalk though. Between Rehoboth and Dewey - which is better I think...much less crowded. Pretty clean. Decent indoor pool. Small room for breakfast. We stay here one weekend every summer. Had one bad experience this past July but it was remedied without too much problem. Arrived and the bathroom was floor was soaked as was the carpet on other side of the wall next to the bed. There was a leak in the toilet pipes. Response was pretty quick (front desk called the local owner to come help) but the owner seemed annoyed with us for asking for a new room (he stated there were no other rooms available on this 4th of July weekend) and sort of insinuated we had caused the problem (it was clear the leak began WAY before we got there). When checking in (5 minutes earlier) the front desk offered one of two rooms so I knew there was at least one another room available. We hadn't even unpacked yet and in fact he seemed more concerned about my returning the luggage cart (which still had all of our unpacked bags on it!) than fixing the leak and cleaning up the room. Anyhow, when I finally got snippy and barked back he backed off and gave us the other room. That's the only issue I've had at this hotel in the last 4 years. Overall pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We did not find the room to be clean at all. We had ants crawling all over our garbage can and had to leave it in the hall. We found stains on the comforter and requested a new one only to find another stain on that one. The room was damp unless you ran the air conditioner on high which then made the room too cold. Also it states that it is a non-smoking hotel, however, I did see someone hanging out the window of one of the rooms smoking a cigarette so I'm not sure how well it's enforced.

Also, watch out for the baseball teams flooding the hotel on the weekends for tournaments which we found out too late and happens every year. Apparently the hotel doesn't let them book it in a block but can't stop them from booking individually. Friday night at 10:30pm all I could hear was doors slamming over and over again as the players went from room to room probably a good 15 slams. Also I got to smell garlic from someones dinner wafting through the hallway and permeating my room. Not to mention the baseball "moms"who thought the laundry room was their own private laundry. I caught one of them re-washing their players uniform in the washing machine where my laundry was!

The breakfast was ok.....nothing spectacular. The usual waffles, bagels, and cereal. The eggs could have been better. They were obviously the frozen circular eggs that got reheated in a microwave. The woman working in the breakfast area was constantly replenishing the items and if you asked her for something that was out she went and got it right away.

On the plus side the staff was courteous although a little understaffed. When I requested extra flat sheets the front desk said they were busy and would get it to me at some point that night. Also although the majority of the room didn't feel "clean" the bathrooms were in good shape.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank christine_mcmahon10
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My family of three book this last minute. This was our first time visiting Rehoboth Beach area. The first room they tried to give us smelled of mildew! We returned to the front desk to complain and the staff person asked if I wanted air freshner! Which I declined. She then offered us another room which was an upgrade a king and queen sized bed. The room was huge but in need of updating. On an overall this hotel was decent. Indoor pool, decent common areas and free breakfast: eggs.waffles, cereal, yogurt. This hotel is walking distance from Dewey Beach. To get to Rehoboth you have drive about 15 minutes and then good lluck with finding parking . It's definately not worth the asking price a whopping 259 per night..Better try to neogiate vice price line we booked for$100 per night.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I thought the hotel. was excellent. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. My hotel room with two queen beds was clean, comfortable and very spacious. The Internet worked just fine. The indoor pool was refreshing after a hot day at the beach. The complimentary breakfasts were wonderful and convenient. There was a nice mix of hot and cold food in them. I wish the hotel was closer to the beach but I know that the hotel prices are more reasonable than the hotels on the boardwalk. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I decided to go back to Rehobeth Beach again, I would choose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here 4 nights. The prices are fairly reasonable, the hotel is clean inside and outside, the staff is very courteous and helpful. Our "king suite" room was very spacious and included a very comfortable king-sized bed, dresser, desk, sofa with coffee table. Also included was a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, ironing board and iron, and a hairdryer. Bathroom was average size with plenty of towels. Around 9 p.m. each night things were mostly quiet inside, so we didn't have any sleeping issues. The hotel advertised a hot breakfast included. Breakfast was OK, the usual bagels, toast, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, mini-muffins, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, milk. Sometimes there were bananas and apples available in a limited quantity. You could also make waffles. The toasters didn't always work, and the yogurt supply usually ran out as well as the fruit. The dining area consisted of seating for 36 people - small for a 4-story hotel! Table weren't always clean - a staff person should be in the breakfast room at all times to deal with these issues. Also, the advertised indoor heated pool WAS NOT HEATED!!! It was not pleasant to be in. The other negative issue was no bottled water available in any of the vending machines on all FOUR FLOORS. I mentioned this at the front desk, and they commented that water must be a popular drink choice. We bought some water at a nearby convenience store. You can walk to Dewey Beach in 10 minutes which is very convenient and a plus! Not sure if we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple