“Good Ice Cream”

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,808 helpful votes
“Good Ice Cream”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I must admit in all my years of visiting starkey's, this is my 1st time getting ice cream there. I usually get the frozen chocolate banana or a funnel cake. However, since they expanded their ice cream selections, I decided to try their blueberry cheesecake ice cream. They gave me a free sample before I bought it, which I thought was nice. It was pretty good. It was a creamy blueberry ice cream with pieces of graham cracker in it. I got a pretty decent sized scoop for $3.50. On top of that we got a bonus ice cream for FREE!! Someone before us had ordered a cup of ice cream and decided not to get it, so the owner gave it to us for free. It was starting to melt a little, but we didn't care. We thought that it was great to get a bonus cup of ice cream! My husband ate the soft serve, since I had the hand dipped blueberry. He said he really enjoyed it...more than Kohr Bros!

Overall, good food, decent prices and quick service. Will keep coming back!!

• Visited September 2013

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,808 helpful votes
“NOW More Ice Cream Flavors & still LOVE the chocolate frozen banana!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stopped by here the other day for one of my favorite boardwalk treats on a hot day--the frozen chocolate dipped banana. Was waited on in a matter of minutes, the banana dipped before my eyes & I was on my way. The price of the banana has gone up to $3.00 this season, but it is still worth it. I love that it is a refreshing cool treat that doesn't melt all over your hands. Plus you don't feel as guilty as you would devouring a huge sundae! Noticed that the one location has added TONS of ice cream flavors to it's menu. They also have popcorn, cotton candy, sno cones and etc. It's a nice boardwalk stop (take out window) for a cool treat.

• Visited August 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Unique flavors!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Loved being able to try unique and unusual flavors!! Love the chocolate eclair ice cream!!

Visited July 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Yummy Funnel Cakes!”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Yummy Funnel Cakes!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington, DC
“With all due respect – are you kidding me?”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

With all due respect – are you kidding me? Starkey’s??? The generically named “ICE CREAM STORE” at #3 Rehoboth Avenue (right next to Candy Kitchen) serves ice cream from Woodside Farm Creamery, which IMHO is the best ice cream in the world – they have exotic flavors (including BACON), but all the classics and an amazing “Cake Batter.”

Starkey's has "good" ice cream (is there bad ice cream?) - but it is strictley an overflow place if you don't have time to wait for heaven on earth

2 Thank DCNative2010