“Vibrant and fresh”

Hobos Restaurant + Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bountiful, flavorful, organic food lovingly prepared entirely from scratch by Executive Chef Gretchen Hanson in her sassy Global Eco-fusion style Season and local menu chemical and preservative free.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was absolutely delighted with a recent spring dinner at Hobo's. The popular roasted beet salad lived up to its reputation as the essence of the freshest greens, beets, lots of goat cheese all melded together. Just ask for bread and an excellent hot loaf arrives with slab butter. For my entree, I opted to have potato crusted local rockfish with spring vegetables. A huge, perfectly cooked portion arrived. Delectable hazelnut chocolate pudding rounded out my repast. Memory also brought back excellent hummus, eggplant and crab dips as well as "just caught" lobster cannelloni I have enjoyed in season.

I have personally seen talented chef/owner Gretchen Hanson emerge from the kitchen late in the evening smiling and greeting remaining diners and making sure they were enjoying themselves. Fortunately, I was one of them. Patrick, the Manager, is always very pleasant and knowledgeable. Hobo's comes through on all counts!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I recently dined here for lunch. We shared the crab dip with veggies and crackers- very tasty. I also had the butternut squash soup, which was delicious. We both had a hard time selecting sandwiches, there are many items to choose from on the menu!
The portions were good, as a matter of fact, I took some home. I like the healthy options, our waiter was friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. We will be back

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am a truly picky eater, in fact I would rather just not eat most of the time since I only like what I like! But at Hobos, they always accomodate absolutely everything I want and need. I often bring my three young children, and their wait staff and the owner could not be more gracious and nice and always provide them with fun activities and amazing food! They love the little lounge area in the back of the restaurant!

Although this restaurant is know for being vegetarian, my husband a serious meat lover also loves this place!

I absolutely LOVE the Wild mushroom quesadilla and I could eat the perfectly prepared salmon every day of my life! My husband raved over the steak Buddha Bowl and he loves the beef burger with fries!

Everything on the menu is extremely creative and different than your run of the mill vegetarian restaurants that pair everything with tofu and rice. The executive chef is extremely ingenious with pairing interesting tastes, she is gracious and accomodating as is her entire staff from top to bottom. Often, she roams the restaurant making sure everyone is happy. The atmosphere is quaint and charming.

I frequently take my family there and I have also celebrated happy occassions there with many friends all with varying tastes, and we have never been disppointed! In the warmer weather their outside patio is so much fun and pet friendly as well!
Every visit to Rehoboth should START and END with HOBOS!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The food was original and very good. the atmosphere is quaint. the place had a quirky vibe which may account for the polarizing reviews but we found it very enjoyable and a great experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The food is INCREDIBLE!!! Wow. Can't stop thinking about it. I would recommend to anyone. The drinks are fabulous, and Gretchen (the head chef) is wonderful.