“Great food year after year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hobos Restaurant + Bar - CLOSED

Hobos Restaurant + Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bountiful, flavorful, organic food lovingly prepared entirely from scratch by Executive Chef Gretchen Hanson in her sassy Global Eco-fusion style Season and local menu chemical and preservative free.
Virginia
“Great food year after year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I love going to Rehoboth Beach every year. I enjoy the restaurants in town and one of my favorites is Hobos. Their food is fresh, healthy, and delicious. Everyone who works there is friendly and want to make sure I have a great experience. I do...year after year!

Thanks Gretchen for serving up another year of outstanding cuisine!

• Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Attended a group party here last weekend and was in awe of such a large menu where everything was still done well. I definitely recommend the buddha bowls. Really delicious and you won't feel guilty eating the entire thing. Thanks to our host, Gretchen, and her team!

• Visited May 2014
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Outstanding Vegan Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I are vegetarian and strive to be Vegan. It is so very difficult to find a restaurant while traveling. We recently experienced an outstanding vegan lunch at Hobos in Rehobeth Beach. The owner, Gretchen, and all the staff are a special treat to talk to. The service, the food, the decor are all fantastic. Gretchen even was familiar with our favorite local Vegan restaurant, Great Sage in Clarksville, Maryland.

It is such a treat to meet and talk to like-minded people. Go to Hobos, you'll love it.

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Vibrant and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was absolutely delighted with a recent spring dinner at Hobo's. The popular roasted beet salad lived up to its reputation as the essence of the freshest greens, beets, lots of goat cheese all melded together. Just ask for bread and an excellent hot loaf arrives with slab butter. For my entree, I opted to have potato crusted local rockfish with spring vegetables. A huge, perfectly cooked portion arrived. Delectable hazelnut chocolate pudding rounded out my repast. Memory also brought back excellent hummus, eggplant and crab dips as well as "just caught" lobster cannelloni I have enjoyed in season.

I have personally seen talented chef/owner Gretchen Hanson emerge from the kitchen late in the evening smiling and greeting remaining diners and making sure they were enjoying themselves. Fortunately, I was one of them. Patrick, the Manager, is always very pleasant and knowledgeable. Hobo's comes through on all counts!

• Visited April 2014
Milford, Delaware
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I recently dined here for lunch. We shared the crab dip with veggies and crackers- very tasty. I also had the butternut squash soup, which was delicious. We both had a hard time selecting sandwiches, there are many items to choose from on the menu!
The portions were good, as a matter of fact, I took some home. I like the healthy options, our waiter was friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. We will be back

• Visited March 2014