“We’re not going back”

Hobos Restaurant + Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bountiful, flavorful, organic food lovingly prepared entirely from scratch by Executive Chef Gretchen Hanson in her sassy Global Eco-fusion style Season and local menu chemical and preservative free.
Delaware
“We’re not going back”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We dined here a week ago. Prior to our visit we heard some good and bad things about the restaurant. For us unfortunately, the bad things out weighed the good things.
We dined outside and not inside. We did go inside to have a look around and it seemed nice, but it did some more like a café than a fine dining restaurant. By the prices I would say this is a fine dining establishment.
The food was expensive and it’s average. None of our meals were outstanding, just average. Our waitress was very persistent and kept pestering us and wanted to rush us through dinner, but we wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves. I would understand if they wanted to turn the table if they were busy with people waiting, but that wasn’t the case. It was a quiet night.
Our table was wobbly and so was the chair. The seating is crammed because they have too many tables. The lighting was poor. The bathrooms (both) were disgusting. I got a glimpse of the kitchen and storage areas and I wish I hadn’t. The place felt dirty the minute we walked in and from what I could tell it was. For the money we spent and for the quality of food we received we were not impressed at all. We won’t be going back.

6 Thank buchanan913

Millsboro, Delaware
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I have taken several of our friends and family to Hobos because we enjoy good food, service, and friendly faces. Chef Gretchen, owner, always speaks with her customers to make sure they are enjoying themselves and the food is prepared to their satisfaction.
I admire her for this wonderful qualilty.
If you are a vegan, vegetarian, or a real meat lover there is a food choice for all appetites.

1 Thank RescuedPets
Virginia
“Great food year after year!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I love going to Rehoboth Beach every year. I enjoy the restaurants in town and one of my favorites is Hobos. Their food is fresh, healthy, and delicious. Everyone who works there is friendly and want to make sure I have a great experience. I do...year after year!

Thanks Gretchen for serving up another year of outstanding cuisine!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just YUM”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Attended a group party here last weekend and was in awe of such a large menu where everything was still done well. I definitely recommend the buddha bowls. Really delicious and you won't feel guilty eating the entire thing. Thanks to our host, Gretchen, and her team!

Mount Airy, Maryland
“Outstanding Vegan Meal”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I are vegetarian and strive to be Vegan. It is so very difficult to find a restaurant while traveling. We recently experienced an outstanding vegan lunch at Hobos in Rehobeth Beach. The owner, Gretchen, and all the staff are a special treat to talk to. The service, the food, the decor are all fantastic. Gretchen even was familiar with our favorite local Vegan restaurant, Great Sage in Clarksville, Maryland.

It is such a treat to meet and talk to like-minded people. Go to Hobos, you'll love it.

• Visited April 2014