“Wow! What a great restaurant!!”

Lupo Italian Kitchen
Ranked #146 of 270 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lupo Italian Kitchen on Rehoboth Avenue is where you can find fresh takes on Italian cuisine intermingled amongst coastal and regional offerings. Our produce is sourced locally and is mostly hand selected from the farms and markets dotted throughout the southern part of the state. Our menu consists of flavorful tasting items that welcome guests to try numerous exciting and exotic flavor combinations. Our fresh, line caught seafood is at the core of our companies philosophy and sits in abundance on our menu. Hand selected and crafted meat options resemble simple and delicious rustic fare. All of our delectable desserts are made in house with great care and attention. Our quaint sit down corner bar is similar in practice as we create tasty seasonal concoctions daily with every new batch of fruits and herbs that come in. A fully stocked wine shelf holds unique and acclaimed wine selections that eagerly await pairings.
Burke, Virginia, United States
“Wow! What a great restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We started off with the mussels in caper-wine sauce. This was truly a delicious starter. The capers made this an exceptional dish. I'm making it another one of my favorite ways to saute mussels. It was followed by a cream of asparagus soup. Very tasty. And then an arugula salad with Marcona almond crumbles. I'd go back just for this dish. The main course was a Frutti di mare, an Italian version of a bouillabaisse. Positively delicious. Saffrony, brothy dish filled with succulent shell fish, salmon, white fish, and bread crisps to dunk into the wonderful sauce. This was perfection. We had had the bouillabaisse at Henlopen City Oyster House two nights before, and theirs was extremely disappointing. The sauce was too much like cream of tomato soup, rather than a clearer broth, which I prefer. Lupo was special. And it was the cheapest of Henlopen City Oyster House and Blue Moon. All were excellent and should be enjoyed as experiences when dining in Rehoboth, but Lupo is truly my favorite.

Visited March 2014

Milford, Delaware
“Like It a Lot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been for dinner once with friends, I am not that familiar with the entrees, but everyone I talk to, out of towners and locals, love the food. You are more likely to find me at the bar for happy hour! Would rather order several appetizers as opposed to one entree. But as I did research for this review, and checked out the main menu, I will rethink my selections at my next visit. I had not even looked at the main menu since last year, so many interesting things to choose from. So many restaurants so little time, this place is worth the time.

Even though the bar is small, only 6 stools, they have a happy hour menu with a dollar off the cured meat and cheese board, and also discounts on selected appetizers and wine. Love the cured meat and cheese menu, I always get a few selections from that list. The calamari is great, I even like the marinara served with it and I never use the marinara at other places. I prefer lemon and parmesan. The menu changes a little, I always like to get some sort of vegetable, like fresh sauteed spinach or rapini, if they have it, or grilled eggplant, although sometimes the eggplant is a little tough and dry from over grilling. Very drinkable house chardonnay. Francis Ford Coppola, I think.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cameo_Alpha
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food was good but I didn't think it was quite worth the price. And the seating arrangement is too open. I felt like I was sitting with the table next ti me and in total public view of the street.

Visited October 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Great gluten-free menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have visited this restaurant twice and both times were great. They have one of the best gluten-free menus around! The only thing that would improve it would be gluten-free bread, but many restaurants don't realize how easy it would be to offer that as well. They offer pastas as well as lots of gf choices. And SO good! The atmosphere is pleasant if a little noisy. The service is good as well. It's a bit pricey, but worth it for an excellent gf meal. They don't take reservations, so call ahead for a good time to go. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Disappointed with meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I returned back to Lupo Di Mare after a great meal about a year ago. We came on a Sunday night for the 3 courses for $19 special. For starters, I had the pumpkin soup and my wife had the kale salad. The starters were both very good. The disappointment came with the main course. We both had the crab gnocchi dish. The dish was tasteless. There was absolutely no flavor. The course was essentially a starchy, cheesy, plate of bland pasta. Both of us ate about a quarter of what was served before deciding to pass on what was left. We were very disappointed with the experience.

• Visited November 2013