“Delicious food, lovely environment, lacksidaisical server”

Lupo Italian Kitchen
Ranked #86 of 284 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Lupo Italian Kitchen on Rehoboth Avenue is where you can find fresh takes on Italian cuisine intermingled amongst coastal and regional offerings. Our produce is sourced locally and is mostly hand selected from the farms and markets dotted throughout the southern part of the state. Our menu consists of flavorful tasting items that welcome guests to try numerous exciting and exotic flavor combinations. Our fresh, line caught seafood is at the core of our companies philosophy and sits in abundance on our menu. Hand selected and crafted meat options resemble simple and delicious rustic fare. All of our delectable desserts are made in house with great care and attention. Our quaint sit down corner bar is similar in practice as we create tasty seasonal concoctions daily with every new batch of fruits and herbs that come in. A fully stocked wine shelf holds unique and acclaimed wine selections that eagerly await pairings.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My son took me to this lovely restaurant for Mother's Day. We shared the cheese/meat platter - nice touch that you can select the items. We also shared the tomato/mozzarella salad - nothing special but solid. My son had the steak with the fried egg which was perfectly grilled and the egg added to the richness. The french fries that it was served with were slightly greasy. My meal was the pork bolognese - tender and fresh. Pasta was either home made or close and cooked exactly right! We finished with the bread pudding and gelato. Nicely done. If only the server had paid closer attention. Our finished plates sat too long and we had to crane our necks to get attention to get drinks refilled. Nevertheless, it didn't mar the meal too much, just detracted slightly.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second night out to dinner in Rehoboth. And our second night of poor service. We were frustrated by the end of the night. We eat out frequently and we view ourselves as pretty easy to please. A polite server and a good meal. We did not find either here.
Hotel has several flyers about a tasting menu and a special at bar. Tasting menu has not been served in a year they said. Bar specials were not enticing. We were seated at a very nice table by the window by an extremely friendly young woman.
Our server was not pleasant nor attentive. It really seemed as though it was a bother to wait on us!!
To start we ordered chick peas and guess what we got... A bowl of chick peas. Wow! That was a surprise. My fault should have read it a bit more carefully. But hey what do you do with a bowl of chick peas?? Laugh a lot!!
My husband had the pasta special they was to be fra diablo and vegetables. It was not spicy and only veg was peas.
I had pasta with seafood. It was good.
Since it was my husband's birthday, he ordered bread pudding which could have feed all the people (6) in the restaurant. It was good.
We ordered a bottle of wine that server poured initial glass but never attempted to pour again. Water was not poured again till dessert even though my husband had emptied his glass much earlier.
Again, maybe a bad night for server? Certainly a bad night for us!!

2  Thank CosmoLady
Reviewed 26 April 2014

In a previous review, I called this the best Italian Restaurant in Rehoboth Beach. I must say that while I still believe this to be true, it may be the best restaurant in Rehoboth.

We dined here twice this week. The meatballs are the best I've ever tasted, in a wonderful, slightly seet tomato sauce. The wine list is excellent while not too expensive. The white bean dip was extraordinary. The Pappardelle was perfectly cooked. The salads were excellent. The service was superb. I also had shaved Brussel sprouts with truffle oil. They were different and delightful. The portions are large and you can order a half portion of any pasta dish to save money.

For desert, we shared a ricotta cheesecake with honey and walnuts. All I can say is wow!

My only complaint is that the seats could be more comfortable.

The manager, Mike runs a great restaurant and it is nothing less than a gem!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for over five years and it's still consistently good. Outstanding food and an eclectic wine list heavy towards Italian wines.

If there is only one thing to pick on, it's the proximity of the small tables to each other. Other reviewers have commented on that as well. On a busy Saturday night, be prepared for a noisy and nosey experience.

Prices are not cheap but reasonable for the quality of the dining experience. Just be aware that this is not a pizza restaurant that happens to do pasta too. It's an upscale, classy dining experience.

1  Thank SearchLite99
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We started off with the mussels in caper-wine sauce. This was truly a delicious starter. The capers made this an exceptional dish. I'm making it another one of my favorite ways to saute mussels. It was followed by a cream of asparagus soup. Very tasty. And then an arugula salad with Marcona almond crumbles. I'd go back just for this dish. The main course was a Frutti di mare, an Italian version of a bouillabaisse. Positively delicious. Saffrony, brothy dish filled with succulent shell fish, salmon, white fish, and bread crisps to dunk into the wonderful sauce. This was perfection. We had had the bouillabaisse at Henlopen City Oyster House two nights before, and theirs was extremely disappointing. The sauce was too much like cream of tomato soup, rather than a clearer broth, which I prefer. Lupo was special. And it was the cheapest of Henlopen City Oyster House and Blue Moon. All were excellent and should be enjoyed as experiences when dining in Rehoboth, but Lupo is truly my favorite.