“Best in Rehoboth”
Review of Salt Air Kitchen

Salt Air Kitchen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ...A Delaware beach picnic highlighting the best our region has to offer. Located in the heart of downtown Rehoboth Beach, Salt Air offers farm to table fresh cuisine, an upscale atmosphere, and great hospitality. Check out our locally inspired menu featuring fresh seasonal produce, sustainable seafood, and organic meats and poultry. Visit our fun, cozy bar and sample our creative libations, great wines, and micro brews on tap. At Salt Air, we are passionate about providing the best in food, hospitality, and atmosphere. Stop by today and taste the Salt Air difference.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Outstanding in every way. Apps real good...deviled eggs and clams superb. Shrimp and grits so good. Cannot go wrong w any entree. Attentive service. Nice family atmosphere but really cool upscale classy place.

Brooke B, Manager at Salt Air Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere at Salt Air!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a wonderful meal at Salt Air August 12, 2014. Crab deviled eggs app- how do they make that magic happen? 5 spice tuna, seafood stew and shrimp grits were all terrific. Don't skip desserts- coconut cream pie, "candy bar" and chocolate cake were home made and delicious. Add to this outstanding service, prices that were not over the top, and a very reasonably wine and beer list. Best meal in Rehoboth in years.

Thank you for the review, we are very pleased to know Salt Air gave you your best meal in Rehoboth in years!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is one of our favorite dinner spots in Rehoboth. We usually take the whole family, all 6 of us, ages 13 and up. I would almost describe this as upscale picnic dining, only because of what you will find on the menu, like Jalapeno deviled eggs, roasted chicken, as well as great seafood dishes as well.

If you go, go early to avoid the wait. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food at Salt Air is truly delectabe. My husband enjoyed our date night there while we are at the beach for a week with our family.

I have to say that our server was particularly snotty, in that, when I began asking specific questions about the wine and food, she offered snappy retorts that "everything on the list is great." Not intending to dispute that the wines are all good, or no doubt, carefully chosen, I simply wanted to find on that was to my exact liking. This is the quest of dining out, after all. At least it is for me when I am somewhere with such wonderful cuisine. You really want to enjoy the entire experience. Being scoffed at by your server is not my idea of good service. I simply ignored her remarks and eye rolling.

Had her attitude matched the food, I'd say the evening was perfect.

Brooke B, Manager at Salt Air Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your date night at Salt Air. I do apologize you felt your server was snappy. We pride ourselves on our knowledgable and friendly staff and that they are able to answer specific questions asked by guests. If your server can not answer your questions we would always hope they will find someone who can. We do hope that you will return to Salt Air on another "date night"!

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it.
Laura Rubino

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was introduced to Salt Air a few years back on a visit to Rehobeth, and have been coming back on every visit since. It's a block of Rehobeth Avenue next to the Atlantis Hotel. The word is out on this place so make a reservation especially in summer. I have tried a bunch of their dishes, and have not had a bad meal. Some meals stand out for sure though. I personally had the Eastern Shore Crab Cakes and a salad to start. The crab cakes were a little small and just a bit overcooked. It could have used a little more tarter sauce as well. But in previous visits this was not the case - so I'll give them a pass. The wife had the Halibut and it was spectacular - especially with the pea puree and braised baby carrots. The fried had the Five Spice Tuna over Udon noodles and loved it. The Udon broth was flavorful and delicious.

Service is good - we were well taken care of. Definitely try the sangria - the white sangria in particular with blue berries and raspberries was amazing. Next time, I'll go for that instead of a glass of wine.

It's the beach so you'll see a mixed crowd - some in flip flops, some in nicer clothes. It's what my title says - Fine Dining in Flip Flops. Don't be surprised when you get really fine dining at the beach.

Thank you for your review, we love your description of Salt Air!