“Great lactose-free treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Takeout
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Great lactose-free treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

What a nice surprise! My husband and I stopped by Annie's after he noticed that the store was promoting an alternative to ice cream. Since I am lactose-intolerant, I got excited.

After going for a long walk, we stopped and I got a nutty sundae,which was the puréed frozen banana and peanut butter and peanuts. It was delicious! I have two more days in Rehoboth Beach and I will go back to Annie's.

Union, New Jersey
“<3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

we love Annie's Banannies so much!! we visit several times a day when we're in Rehoboth Beach. it's once a year, but totally worth it. we love you Annie!!!

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best dessert ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I don't eat dairy or white sugar, so I was very excited to find Annie's Banannies last summer. The frozen banana treat is delicious, and there are so many toppings options from which to choose. We are headed out again very soon, and Annie's Banannies is at the top of the list for my son and me!!

• Visited August 2011
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude, unaccomidating staff member”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Having had Annie's for the first time last summer on vacation, my family was looking forward to enjoying this treat this summer. We stopped in and first noticed the layout had changed. We approached the register attendant who abruptly told us she "had nothing to take our order with" and directed us over to the ordering attendants, the only people that seemed to be professional. My daughter wanted a simple cherry only on top of her kid size treat. The girl taking the order was just going to accommodate that when the rude cash register girl rushed over and said "oh no, we can't do that"...only if my daughter got whipped cream too. WHAT??!! You can throw a measly cherry on top for a 6 year old? I had already ordered for my son or I would have walked out then. So then I ask for a kid size, and again, the unprofessional employee steps in to say "you can't...have to be under 12". I get it, but it's all in how you say it and it just added to all the negativity. So at that point, Annie's lost out on my mom's, husband's, and my order. I paid for the kids and we left knowing that that would be our last trip there all due to the horrible customer service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisamarbar
Washington, DC
“Meh...I wasn't impressed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I love the idea of this, and it does feel good to eat a healthy 'treat' after a weekend of over-indulgence, but I wanted this to be better than it actually was. The consistency really does feel like soft servce ice cream, but there's just no getting around that distinct bananna flavor. Which, I guess if you REALLY like banannas, you'll like this too. And perhaps if I had gotten more toppings than just the little chocolate chips, the strong bananna flavor would have been masked or at least minimized, but with a ton of toppings, the 'healthy' benefit would also have been lost at that point. They also only offer one size, which is huge. So not only are you stuck with a dessert that just tastes like bannana, you are stuck with a giant cup of it to get thru. So, again, not bad, and the place itself was very cute, very clean, and the staff was very friendly (although one younger employee was using the cooler as his own personal hand drum set which got incredibly annoying after about 5 seconds). I just wasn't impressed with anything but the texture and definitely would have been happier with a cup about a third of the size of what I got.

• Visited June 2012