“Vegan Dinner Is "The Bomb"!”
Review of Cafe Azafran

Cafe Azafran
Ranked #12 of 281 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Florida
“Vegan Dinner Is "The Bomb"!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

OK, so I dined there last year and remembered it had been very good to excellent; Wrong! This year it was 3+ times as good! It was Beyond-Excellent! It was Exceptional! What I'm talking about is their Vegetable Plate Entree! Now, being Vegan, I have had Veggie-Plates here, there and coast-to-coast; some mediocre others good and a few excellent. However, the Vegetable-Plate served to me at Cafe Azfran "rocked!" it was beyond excellent - it was Exceptional in every way! I have only had a very few of that quality and caliber! Veggies: a wonderful assortment of perfectly-roasted veggies ranging from 3 varieties of fingerling potatoes to excellent asparagus to broccoli slices to ... you get the idea. And, Presentation: was simply Gorgeous! Should have brought my camera or Droid so I could email a photo to friends! The wine? Well I arrived at Happy Hour and they were serving a very nice Tempranillo that turned out to be an excellent companion to my Exceptional Vegetable-Plate. As a house-provide appetizer, my glass of water arrived with a nice assortment of olives and bread (I did check ingredients for the bread = OK for me as a Vegan). Service: wonderful! understated, unobtrusive but always available. I really had a super-wonderful dining experience at Cafe Azfran. Located a very short one block from the Boardwalk. Hint: if dining after Happy Hour or on weekends you should really get reservations. NOTE: the Vegetable-Plate is the only identifiably Vegan item on the menu -- and you need to tell your server "no butter -- no dairy" for the dish to arrive "Vegan". But they do seem to know "Vegan" when it's mentioned and are open to tailoring other menu items, too. PS: Listening to the "talk" at other tables, this is THE place for upscale dining by the locals and tourists who are "in-the-know". They're one block from Rehoboth's main & tourist-y street but in a quiet area. Do add some time to explore all the cute shops on the same street and then go to the Boardwalk. Very-Highly recommend Cafe Azfran to Vegans! Please dine Vegan (they do feed carnivores too <grin> ); and Enjoy! PPS: I ate there twice on this trip -- and will provide a separate review about their Tapas - ( Hint: it was Super! so good it deserves a review all its own! )

1 Thank Lite T

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We are here Wed evening before Memorial Day and enjoyed the all night happy hour with $7 tapas and wine. We had the artichoke bruschetta, haricot verts, calamari, lamb meatballs, gnocchi, and 2 glasses of tempranillo all for around $50. The food was excellent with the grilled artichoke bruschetta being our favorite. The meatballs and gnocchi being second. Great service and nice environment made a great way to start our trip. We will definitely be back.

2 Thank VanessaW
Millsboro, Delaware
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Whether its drinks, tapas, or large plates, Cafe Azafran is always terrific. Dinner at the bar is entertaining. Try the sausage and white beans, gnocchi, shrimp or goat cheese tapas. In the winter, you might find a great Irish stew or other comfort food.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SeaLawyer1963
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Friday Seafood Night (3 courses $24)”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Cafe Azafran is good ANYTIME, but especially on Friday night when they offer their FRIDAY off-season 3 course Seafood night for $24. There is not a better value in town.

Your choice is for soup or salad (or even gumbo) as a 1st choice, then a tapas plate (shrimp, oysters, etc. then select an Entree - I can highly recommend the Mixed Seafood Grill - a small piece of salmon, a small crabcake, some shrimp and a potato selection AND some Veggies!! There isn't a better VALUE for $24.on Friday night.

If you haven't been to Cafe Azafran - GO. The bread/olive oil and the dish of olives served at every table is simply delicious. VERY high quality.

PS - Note the GRANITE bar - it is simply STUNNING.

1 Thank tresh20723
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch our first time there a few days ago. The sandwiches were delicious and service was friendly. We will be back !