“Surprisingly Good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Back Porch Cafe

Back Porch Cafe
Ranked #18 of 269 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: You will have no trouble finding the restaurant since it has been in business over 40 years. It is a "fine dining" experience for both lunch and dinner. The wine list is extensive. The cooking is flavorful, creative and thoroughly enjoyable. Please include this in your listings.
Reston, Virginia
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Some of the reviews weren't too positive but we were happy with our experience at Back Porch. We made a reservation in person (or you can call) for dinner. We went on a Monday night when glasses of wine are half price. Our food included crab ravioli, diver scallop (outstanding appetizer), beet salad, lobster salad, beef tenderloin and pork tenderloin. We saved the best for last....crème brulee!! It was the best crème brulee ever!!! We are wondering if they are short of help. Our waitress seemed to always be rushing and appeared a bit overwhelmed. She was fine but we wondered if she was working more tables than she should have been.

Baltimore
“Nice meal.....great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were in town for our vacation and my wife and I found ourselves with no kids or obligations on a Sunday night. We decided to peruse the Baltimore Ave. area and decided to jump into Blue Moon for a quick meal...unfortunately it would be a 45 minute wait for a deuce. I suggested we walk over to the Back Porch to see if we would have better luck and we had not been there in years but always enjoyed our meals there. We walked in and immediately saw 2 open chairs at the bar and jumped right in.....we love eating at the bar when it is only the two of us! They have a wonderful bartender and he made us welcome and provided great service throughout the meal. We started with Martini and Dark & Stormy and they were very good...they used their home-made Ginger Beer in my drink and it walloped a serious Ginger bite. Good for a change but not ready to give up Barrett's yet! For apps I had white gazpacho and wife had the black peper rubbed tuna ..... soup was good but the warm tuna served on a blini with great fixings was the best thing I have tasted in a long time. We switched plated half way through and all I could think was that I was the winner. I followed with the rack of lamb and my wife had the roasted beet appetizer .... lamb was perfectly done with great sides and heavenly demi-glaze and beets were tasty. We opted for after dinner drinks instead of desert and I had a unique ale from Brussels (they have nice selection) and I forget my wife's choice. My only hestitation is that it is pricy from a food to portion criteria but I also realize that I am in a tourist location. Would I go back ... sure would but I would want to sit at the bar.....it is a perfect place where you feel like you are outside but still have an elegant seat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Marana, AZ
“Love the Back Porch Cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Food excellent, drinks the best (Havana Daydream is a must but beware!), service always great. Sit upstairs for a fun lunch or dinner. You'll be coming back again and again!

Visited August 2013
“Very good but not as good as two years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We go here once every summer and while very classy it was not as good as years gone by.

Gazpacho excellent
Crepes too much cheese
Salmon very good but weird side dish
Lamb delicious
Torte too much like cake
Kahlúa bread pudding excellent

The dark and stormy cocktail was wonderful.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Dinner in Rehoboth Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Let's face it. Delicious and consistent restaurant experiences are rare in beach communities. I've been visiting Rehoboth Beach, DE for about 14 years. I can count on one hand the number of restaurants over the years that were consistently good.

The Back Porch Cafe is at the top of my very short list.

Last weekend, a group of four grown men dined at the Back Porch. Dinner was uniformly delicious. Fresh, mostly local ingredients. Simple with great flavors and thoughtful presentations.

Unlike other higher-end restaurants in Rehoboth Beach, the Back Porch does not try too hard and inadvertently ruin dishes with too much everything. This restaurant is a master of the basics and, therefore, delivers a solid meal every time.

Service was a little slow last Friday, but we were not in a rush so it didn't matter. Service is typically very good for the price point.

Winner!