“the porch needs repair”
Review of Back Porch Cafe

Back Porch Cafe
Ranked #32 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You will have no trouble finding the restaurant since it has been in business over 40 years. It is a "fine dining" experience for both lunch and dinner. The wine list is extensive. The cooking is flavorful, creative and thoroughly enjoyable. Please include this in your listings.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've been goint here for years (about 15) and is was a visual and gustatory delight. It was quaint in a location that ain't. With thousands of taffy-chewing adults dragging complaining kids away from the beach, this place was a quiet, serene respite in the sea of cacophony. Servers knew this and helped you escape the madding crowd. Your were treated as a black-tie diner, even though you were in shorts and sandals.The food was inventive and garnished way beyond expectations. As the new paint has worn off the porch, so has everything else. Food has become pedestrian, wait staff insensitive. Only the high prices have remained constant. I'll go back when I start hearing some glowing reviews.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

wanting to like it more then our last visit we had a very bad experience. The food... disappointing, nothing special, no imagination and bland.. The service... Non-existant- we travel around the world and have seen it all, but the service here was as if they not only cared but didn't want to be there- atmosphere... used to be fun and charming, now, just old and tired and dirty- the plastic standing fans don't really make it when your bill is $300 for a dinner for 2. I don't think we will be trying to like it again- I think it needs to be put out of its misery which is just so sad for a once great restaurant -

2  Thank mrem99
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Twenty some years ago The Back Porch was my favorite restaurant in Rehoboth Beach when we had a condo there. I could hardly wait to go to it in my return after so many years. What a disappointment! The spring role was mediocre, the duck breast was surprisingly tough. My wife was not pleased with her meal and could not even recall what it was after several days. Unlike other venues in this resort, the dining room was more than half empty. Like MichelleCollete, I could not recommend it. I hope they read this so that they can return to their old glory

1  Thank halg16
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Love this place.. Stopped in for a late app and drinks! Creative food, a little pricey, friendly bartender. A cozy place to have an after dinner drink as well. Bar and "back porch" are great..not " your beach place" but a fantastic alternative.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

You have to stop in and give it a try. The Chef is "All IN" about what he cooks!!! If you stay long enough and with the help of the awesome drinks the bartender can mix...you can imagine you are in a little beach house bar in tropical anywhere .