“The Full Monty was full fun”

Clear Space Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to Clear Space Theatre Company, Sussex County's only year-round professional theatre company. Dedicated to producing and presenting artistic endeavors of integrity and risk.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Much better venue and performance than I was expecting. The performances/shows change often, so there is no way of rating the shows. At the price of admission, it is worth supporting local theater!

1  Thank DiZhiyuan
"production quality"
"thrust stage"
"former church"
in 2 reviews
"priscilla queen of the desert"
"off season"
"tickets"
in 8 reviews
"audition"

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Clear Space Productions is a great way to see quality plays while on vacation or living in this wonderful beach town. The productions range from comedies, musicals and serious productions. I would say of the many shows I have seen there, only one was not to my liking - a pretty good rating in my mind. The prices are fair and reasonable for the tickets. The theater is cozy. The actors and actresses deserve kudos for the time they put into these productions - it definitely shows. My only reason for a 4 star and not 5 star rating is the sound system. It can be very difficult to hear the words in dialogue and music on stage if the actor / actress is not directly projecting towards your seating. I know there have been others complaining of this and I wish the problem could be solved. One word of caution if you have children is that many evening shows are not appropriate due to content and language, though they do have a few shows for children in the summer that I really can not write about about since I have never attended. If you are looking for something different while in town, try attending a show - well worth the time and money.

1  Thank artvet1995
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have seen almost every show there in the last 2 years & loved them all. Even if one actor is not strong, the others make up for it. The musicals are the best. I love the intimate seating. Thank you for bringing live theater to the beach.

1  Thank Sherry414
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Recently attended two productions at Clear Space and was very impreseed with this theatre. As a theatre director, I appreciated the professional productions and talented actors!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We saw Oliver on a week night - thought it'd be good to support the local playhouse and see a musical, which my daughter always enjoys. We paid $48 for two 4th row tickets. Not stadium seating - not a big deal. The play was OK - weird amount of domestic violence including an on-stage murder that I found a bit much for the family beach crowd. Also, the sound not great so it was hard to hear some of the characters. There is so much going on in and around Rehoboth, I think I'll see what are alternatives are before we head back here again.

1  Thank citysuburb