“Better than Expected”

Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We decided last minute to go to Rehoboth Beach. This was our first visit. Hadn't a clue where to stay as most of the hotels seemed to be very expensive. When I first tried to reserve this hotel it came up that they were fully booked. Called the hotel and was told that they were indeed fully booked. Tried an hour or so later to book online, and lo and behold, there was room available. I thought the price very high for a Holiday Inn Express, but, it was so much cheaper than the other places we had looked at. Check in was fast. Room was on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel. I had requested a quiet location, and was indeed given a quiet location. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located adjacent to the outlet mall, if you're interested in going there. Although there is an Outback restaurant across the road, that road is very busy. I wouldn't want to try and walk across it. We drove downtown, but I understand that in the summer the hotel offers a shuttle bus. We'll probably return next time we're in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Happy October Susan S,

We're happy you were persistent in your attempt to stay with our hotel and that you were not disappointment in your choice. Our team works very hard to offer exceptional service,clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere to all of our valued guests. They will be delighted to hear that you took the time to share your experience with them and other fellow travelers.
Thank you!!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach for a birthday celebration. Our family was at the boardwalk so we parked the car and took the shuttle for all the activities and were well treated by drivers and passengers. The motel itself was full and very quiet. The breakfast provided was excellent. No noise from the road, very friendly front desk and personnel we met in the halls. We recommend this hotel and would probably stay again when we visit Rehoboth. The schedule for the shuttle to the beach showed several stops besides the Boardwalk so we were able to get off at the restaurant door the evening of the 80th birthday dinner. We only waked across Rehoboth Avenue to get the shuttle home and the shuttle stopped at the Holiday Inn before entering the end at the area where the shuttle is picked up behind the hotel. Great experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarieO808

Dear Marie0808,
Happy October! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with regard to your stay with our property.
We appreciate the time you spent writing your review. The experiences and thoughts of our guests are of great value to our team and other fellow travelers. We truly want to know how well we did. Thank you again for sharing!
Safe journeys!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Me and my family arrived at the hotel, and the front desk clerk (Nelson) informed me that my reservation was cancelled. I made my reservation trough Priceline and had a printed a reservation confirmation receipt. Nelson was very rude and said "your credit card was declined and don't even try to argue with me" while I was trying to show the confirmation. After my initial upset asking why nobody informed me about the "cancelled reservation" Nelson told me that the hotel was fully booked and that he could not do anything about it and started checking in the next guy in line. When I was trying to figure out what to do and the guy noticed me calling priceline to complain, he called me over the front desk and said that he was going to check if he could do something for us (with the tone and attitude of " I am doing you a favor"). The guy finally checked us in and offered a pretty lame explanation of what happened, apparently they can cancel your reservation (without notice) even after priceline has confirmed it. But my room was still reserved!!! I was charged almost US400 dollars while the priceline price was US324. I felt humiliated when the guy almost yelled to the lobby that my credit card was declined. Nobody has contacted me yet about the supposedly "declined credit card" and I can't help but think that I was the victim of some sort of scam to make me pay more than I was supposed to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Oscar D
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rehoboth for two nights over Labor Day Weekend.
It is not a resort and is not a luxury hotel. But it IS very clean, staff is very friendly and accommodating, location is very convenient to beach and shopping, beds are comfortable, and breakfast was good. I'm so glad that we chose this hotel. We checked in early, at about 11:30 am, and were on the beach by 12:15 pm! We walked out of the hotel and after a 2 minute walk, we picked up the Shuttle Bus that took us directly to the beach. The Shuttle Bus is so convenient and close. The shuttle stop was the last one on our way to the beach, and the first one on our way back to the hotel. Couldn't have asked for a better set up. Parking was plentiful. The bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast was fine. We ate by 8 am and had no problem. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Rehoboth! If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, convenient, and reliable hotel, this is it!

3  Thank lrs1963
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Irs1963,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with our hotel and our team members.
We truly value the comments our guests share with us and other fellow travelers. We wish you continued safe journeys and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Happy Autumn!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights at the end of August. I was nervous about staying off of the main strip but it ended up working out really well - the hotel was clean and quiet with large rooms, pleasant staff and a nice pool. Breakfast is included, nice but I would have liked a few more "healthy/fresh" items. Very convenient is the hotels location to the Shuttle Bus - only $2.10 for an all day pass and it takes you right to the boardwalk (and other locations) which was so much easier than trying to find parking. We lucked out and never waited more than five minutes for a bus and it was barely ten minutes round trip. We used points for the first two nights and then paid for the third night which made it a very reasonable mini vacation - I do think it is a little steep otherwise.

3  Thank jesscat32
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Jesscat32,
Thank you for writing a detailed review of your experience with our area and our property. As mentioned by you and many other of our hotel guests, the public shuttle buses located behind our property is such a huge hit with many travelers during our busy summer season.
With regard to your feelings about our breakfast foods, IHG personnel review many of the comments and suggestions our guests share. They do hear your voices and I believe you may see more 'healthier' food options in the near future.
We hope you continue to chose our hotel for your accommodation needs if your visit our area again.
Safe journeys!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed one night in Aug during a family vacation. The room was very clean and ample for our needs. Our room faced the pool which while we did not use looked lovely and we did not experience any noise. The beds were very comfortable. My only complaint would be that we had a deluxe room and the sofa couch strangely enough did not open up into a bed although the room was meant to accomodate 6. We paired up on the Queen beds but having a couch that we could actually use would have been helpful. Staff was nice- premises kept pristine and breakfast in the morning was decent. I would recommend this facility without reservation..

Room Tip: Stay in the back facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie V

Dear Jackie V,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with our hotel and for mentioning the cleanliness of your room.
As you noted in your review, our love seats do not fold out to become an additional bed. Due to our buidling and fire codes, we are not permitted to have any more than 5 persons in our rooms to ensure the safety of our guests and unfortunately we do not have an suite room types at our location.
If you happen to visit our property again, (and we sincerely hope you do), please let the front desk know of your need for a rollaway bed (aka cot) and our team will be more than happy to deliver one to your room for a small nightly fee. Ensuring you are comfortable and afforded a good night's sleep is a priority for our Holiday Inn Express team members.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs and we hope to see you soon.
Dawn Heck

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Exprss for one night. It was a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The weather was a little chilly but we sat by the pool for a little while which was very relaxing. There is a bus you can pick up in the park and ride behind the hotel that takes you to the boardwalk for $1.00 each way...so no worries about trying to get a parking spot down near the beach. The hotel itself has plenty of parking. The front desk personnel were very nice and knowledgeable. All in all it was nice visit and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Ann Marie D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other fellow travelers.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would visit with us during your next trip to our area.
Best Wishes,