“Reliable”

Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, which means it's reliably comfortable and good. It's about 2 miles from the Rehoboth Boardwalk so you'll likely need to drive or bike to the beach. Close to the outlets and reasonably priced. Staff is professional and helpful. My only complaint is that the pillows were a little too big for comfort, but I like soft, squishy pillows.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear East_Coaster,
Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. our local area and our team members. Your information offers fellow travelers knowledge to assist them when traveling to our area and/or making accommodation decisions.
Our 'big' pillows you mentioned, are the new IHG brand standard for all Holiday Inn Express'. Our queen size beds have queen size pillows, both soft and firm (delighted to read you enjoyed our "soft' ones) and our King beds have king size pillows, with the soft and firm options as well. We do have standard size pillows available upon request and we will be delighted to bring some to your room during your next stay with us.
Safe journeys!
Dawn Heck

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Conveniently located along the shopping strip and a short drive to the beach. Staff was friendly, breakfast was delicious and the room was clean. The shower was a little odd as I'm 5ft tall and had to bend down to rinse my hair. Would return to again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Chris B, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review, Madelyn H! We appreciate your comments which future travelers will indeed find helpful.

Regarding the shower, your height concern seems indicative that you occupied one of our ADA room types. These showers have two heads - one overhead and one handheld. By the sounds of it, it would appear the handheld option was engaged and that it was secured to the latch on the adjustable bar. This bar allows for variable heights for those with disabilities to find a comfortable spray height. I apologize if the operation for this feature wasn't more easily understood and I'll take a look at ways we might be able to make its function more obvious for future guests. Thanks for the information!

We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Rehoboth but until then we wish you safe travels!

Best Regards,
Chris Berg

Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you have ever been coolest to the rehoboth outlets after Christmas, you know what the chaos can be like. Add a family visit and freezing cold temperatures to the mix and it's really not fun. The Holiday Inn Rehoboth was a perfect hotel for my husband and I to "hide" away from the crowds. The hotel is located right off the main road, but wits back a little so there is basically no road noise at all. Plenty of well lit parking. Our room was spacious, the rate could not be beat. The housekeeping was impeccable and breakfast was delicious. Each time we passed through the lobby a friendly staff member greeted us. Although this hotel is not super new, trendy or upscale, it is offers larger than most rooms, a small fitness center and outdoor pool. My husband enjoyed a little alone time right before check out in the comfy lobby with big screen tv and fish tank. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Holiday Inn for truly caring about our stay. We used to stay elsewhere in Rehoboth, but are very glad to have made the switch.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear GroovinaB,
Yay!! What a heartwarming review of our property and our team! We couldn't be anymore excited to know that you and your husband's stay with us was everything we want all of our guests to experience.
Our team strives to provide that "home-away-from-home" feeling. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you and your family a warm environment during your visit here.
We also can not thank you enough for considering us your 'home-away-from-home" during your future visits!
Dawn Heck

Reviewed 25 December 2013

There is plenty of parking on the exterior and well lit. Hotel is far off the highway and isolated; very quiet location. There is gas, food and liquor store within walking distance of the property. Staff members were very friendly. (I visit this property every Christmas when I visit my parents) The staff remembered me from the previous year and even gave me the same room I had previously. Rooms are spacious, clean and good lighting with large flat screen tv's. Bathrooms are large and great when traveling with someone else. Heat and cooling work great with digital controls for temp. Breakfast consists of "Holiday Inn Express" fare. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon or sausage, pancake machine and famous cinnamon rolls. Additionally, they offer cold cereals, muffins, toast, bagels and OJ/Coffee/Milk. I must say the breakfast area is clean, well staffed and offer a great value. Lobby is quiet with ample seating, fish tank and pleasant.
The Holiday Inn Express is my first choice when in the Rehoboth Beach area.

Room Tip: Lower levels are great for elderly folks.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear 95Traveler,

We are humbly gracious by your glowing recommendation of our hotel and your kind words about our team members.
The details you mentioned within your review will go a long way in helping to guide other fellow travelers with their decision as to what hotel property best fits their needs and expectations when they travel to our area.
We realize you have many choices of accommodations when visiting Rehoboth Beach and we are utterly delighted that you continue to choose our hotel as your home-away-from-home.
We wish you and yours the best in the upcoming New Year!
Best Wishes!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Nice stay. Rooms nice. Thought we booked a king room and upon arrival were given a room with 2 doubles. They were very accomodating in giving us a king room. Close to everything on route one. Quiet at night

• Stayed: November 2013
Chris B, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thanks, Kristine E, for your feedback! I'm delighted to hear you had a nice stay while our guest in November. I'm sorry for any confusion over the room type you were given upon arrival but I'm very pleased to hear we were able to get you assigned to one that fit your expectation and needs. Thank you for mentioning our quiet location - sitting back off the highway certainly provides our guests with peace and quiet to help better ensure a restful night's sleep.

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you visited the Rehoboth area. If we can be of assistance in the future, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel! Safe travels and happy holidays in the meantime.

Best Regards,
Chris Berg

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rehoboth Beach Delaware about 2 weeks ago. My first impression upon walking into the lobby was the smile I was greeted with and the cleanliness of the hotel lobby. Every staff member I encountered was always smiling and more than happy to offer recommendations for restaurants and things to do in the area. We will be back soon once again thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Chris R,

All feedback from our valued guests with regard to their stay with our property, is truly priceless. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing our hotel and team to place your trust.
We are all delighted to read that we fulfilled our promise to you of a clean hotel, a comfortable stay and exceptional team service!
We also want to extend a very warm thank you for making the decision to stay with us again during your future visit to our area.
Safe journeys!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We decided last minute to go to Rehoboth Beach. This was our first visit. Hadn't a clue where to stay as most of the hotels seemed to be very expensive. When I first tried to reserve this hotel it came up that they were fully booked. Called the hotel and was told that they were indeed fully booked. Tried an hour or so later to book online, and lo and behold, there was room available. I thought the price very high for a Holiday Inn Express, but, it was so much cheaper than the other places we had looked at. Check in was fast. Room was on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel. I had requested a quiet location, and was indeed given a quiet location. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located adjacent to the outlet mall, if you're interested in going there. Although there is an Outback restaurant across the road, that road is very busy. I wouldn't want to try and walk across it. We drove downtown, but I understand that in the summer the hotel offers a shuttle bus. We'll probably return next time we're in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Happy October Susan S,

We're happy you were persistent in your attempt to stay with our hotel and that you were not disappointment in your choice. Our team works very hard to offer exceptional service,clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere to all of our valued guests. They will be delighted to hear that you took the time to share your experience with them and other fellow travelers.
Thank you!!!