“Great”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I I'm a California girl so that makes me a beach snob lol. I own a home in North Wildwood but was looking for something different. I heard Rehoboth was nice. We stayed here n it was very reasonable. The hotel was immaculate the manager Dawn was soooo amazing! Pool is clean n fun. I would recommend this place anytime and I have been in the hotel business for 15 years

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank denisec432
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Happy August Denise C,

Welcome to the world of Trip Advisor. It contains a wealth of information when traveling and/or dining at unfamiliar places.
We are delighted to read you ventured from your reknown Wildwood beaches to our Rehoboth beaches. Thank you for staying with our hotel during this visit as we know you have many hotel choices within our Rehoboth Beach area.
We hope you now consider Rehoboth Beach as your home-away-from-home 'beach' and our hotel as your home-away-from-home 'home'.
Thank you for recognizing me as one of our valued team members whose primary goal is to make your stay the best it can and should be!
We look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Best wishes and safe journeys!
Dawn Heck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Schenectady, NY
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for a weekend trip to Rehoboth in November 2013 (missing: Dogfish Head visit). We wanted to stay at the motel by the brewpub, but it closed for the season a couple weeks before we went, so we ended up staying here because we got a good rate. The rooms were big and the front desk staff was pleasant. The evening clerk was great. I really wish I had remembered to write her name down. She called cabs for us both nights and was very friendly. The hotel is next to the outlets, so you can walk and do some shopping, but you'll need to take a vehicle to the beach area. If we returned for another off-season weekend trip (which is certainly a possibility), we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear wraar,

I noticed you're an avid Trip Advisor member. Thank you! And we also graciously thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with regard to our hotel, our hotel team members and our local Rehoboth Beach area.
The name of the team member you are referencing is Maria and I could not agree with you more, she is a true gem! She absolutely beam when she read your review.
I'm sorry that we may have neglected to have a conversation with you about our state run bus system, DART, which is located directly behind our hotel. This is a great option for any of our guests who do not wish to drive their car.
Our team was delighted to read about your decision to stay with us again when you visit our area.
Safe journeys!
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wow. Terribly disappointed with HIE in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We cancelled a reservation 48 hours in advance due to a medical issue with a member of our party and they charged us a night's stay anyway. When I asked if our money could be refunded if we provided a doctor's note, I was told they would only refund if there was a death in the family. I stay in hotels weekly and have never encountered one so inflexible. Make sure you know that HIE will not work with you if you have a medical situation that causes a change of plans. We have stayed here before but will take our business elsewhere in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank TMCesq
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear TMCesq,
Thank you for placing your faith in us again this year, for the second year in a row, to host your family at our hotel. We were sorry to hear you needed to cancel the reservation and I am sorry you were disappointed with the solution I had offered to avoid the penalty for the late cancellation.
Please understand, when we spoke over the telephone you provided a basic explanation that a member of your party was sick. As a result, you were provided our standard alternative which included moving your one night deposit on your reservation to any future date so you would not forfeit these funds. This deposit would have been good for any future stay. It wasn't until you took to other social media sites that I learned you needed to cancel as a result of your babysitter's recovery from a medical condition occurring in June. I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable sharing this with me at that time, given your relationship with our hotel as a prior guest. To that end, I would have hoped the recovery from an incident in June might have provided notice to you more than 72 hours prior that a cancellation might be inevitable.
To clarify a false statement (by omission) you raised as part of your review, about only allowing cancellations in the event of death, this is simply unreasonable and a portion of a statement taken out of context. There are many reasons why a cancellation fee would be waived for a guest after the cancellation policy has passed. Certainly, death would be one of those reasons! But numerous other reasons can include grave illness, severe weather events, event cancellations, etc. All of these reasons were expressed to you over the phone when you asked what these reasons might include. To paint us with such an inflexible brush is disingenuous.
I took a moment to look at your TripAdvisor review history to read your review of our hotel from your 2013 stay. I had hoped we've hosted your vacation lodging needs before there would be areas you highlighted in a prior review of our property as to why we were chosen once again. Unfortunately, it appears you opted not to share any prior review of our hotel and your experience with our area, hotel or our team members. I can only trust it was a satisfactory stay since we were chosen again for your trip to Rehoboth Beach. I'm sorry you did not opt for what would have been a mutually beneficial solution and I wish you safe travels in the future.
Safe journeys!
Metamora, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night (thankfully) and were disappointed. The room was spacious but the bathroom counter was not cleaned. The breakfast the next morning was sub par, plus there wasn't any where to sit due to a very small dining area. We also could hear guests in the hall or in the next room very easily. I also had issues with the dampness of the room. It feels cool but extremely damp. :o/

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ZTE S
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear ZT,

At your convenience, please contact me at 302.227.4030, extension 137.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 Days at the holiday Inn express. Excellent service from entering until walking out of the door. Good complimentary continental breakfast and good customer service. The manager Justin was able to attend to our needs and more.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Syeed K
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Syeed K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel and for offering Kudos to Justin, our Front Office Manager. We wish you well and hope to see you and yours again soon.
Manila Philippines
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

i stayed with my wife, daughter, 2 grandkids for 3 nites from june 26. location was fantastic. just get the shuttle bus to the boardwalk from the parking lot back of the hotel. breakfast with sausages, eggs buffet style. what really made our stay pleasant was the extra service and effort provided by Dawn and Chris.The next day after we arrived home, we realized that we left two ipads at the hotel. I called the hotel. Dawn answered. I told her my concern. After a short time, she called back that the ipads were left at the lobby. We arranged with her to fedex the ipads. It was Chris who personally brought the ipads to Fedex office. Thanks Dawn and Chris for the special service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BongVallejos
Dear BonVallejos,

We are tickled to know you have received your IPads. We humbly thank you for the kudos and for being a guest of our hotel.
Best Regards,
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I checked out of room 321 today (July 1, 2014), and left my phone charger. I called the front desk, and they told me that there was no charger found in the room. I know exactly where it was left, and I do not believe that the housekeeping staff could not find anything in the room. Did management look in her housekeeping cart or in the housekeeping office or went back to the room to look?\
I am so disappointed! Never again will I stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.