“Best value in Rehobeth”

Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Newly remodeled. Very clean. Excellent hot breakfast every morning. Free WiFi for guests. Plenty of free parking. Soundproof rooms. We stay here every year and it never disappoints.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank DRDELEE

Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is a nice Hampton Inn and the price is comparable to the more "beachy" places of Dewey and Rehoboth. The room was top notch..clean, comfortable and quiet. They have an excellent Free breakfast that was well stocked and had good choices from fresh fruit to eggs, waffles, cereal. And, 24 hour on demand coffee..all good! It's not so bad to travel to Dewey on Rt1, but the turn to Rehoboth does back up the traffic. I'll bet there are some back road, try using your GPS. I'd definitely come back. We like that you could walk to some fine fast food eateries..would be great if you had kids with you

Room Tip: Ask for the AAA discount
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our own experience at this hotel was fine, but I really feel for the people who have had booking problems and have posted complaints. We stayed here on Hilton Honor points, but noted that the rates are quite high for a Hampton Inn. The location is not good -- far from the beach -- but there is a bus stop out front and we took that in to save on the parking meters (.25 for ten minutes to park near the beach!!). The front desk and housekeeping staff are indifferent to rude -- no smiles. The rooms were very comfortable -- queen beds, those great Hampton duvets, and a nice sized room for the four of us. Fridge and microwave, good air conditioning controls, good sized bathroom. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good -- pastries, waffles, eggs and bacon, yogurt, cereal and amazing fresh fruit. I had a bowl full of fresh blueberries and blackberries one morning!!!! There is a coffee/tea bar set up 24/7. Laundry room, exercise room both very nice. Tiny and crowded indoor pool (really...why bother??). Ask for a room on the side of the building away from busy, noisy Route 1.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel while clean and as good as any Hampton Inn I have stayed in, is just too far from the ocean--not in terms of miles, but in terms of the darn traffic on Route 1. The front desk said I could take a bus to the DelDot park and ride, and then go down to Rehoboth, but that was unhelpful as I wanted to go to another beach.
I will never stay here during the summer months. Traffic on Route 1 on the weekends is so horrible, that it took me almost 30 min. to get from where I ate lunch back to the hotel (a matter of a few miles).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

First I would like to say that I stay at hotels often, and I have had things go wrong with my reservations in the past, but I have never been treated the way I have by the Hampton Inn in at Rehoboth Beach

We booked a room at this hotel for a Memorial day weekend beach trip. All hotels were booked, so the Hampton Inn was one of only three choices we had, and we paid 200X more than the avg room rate to stay at this hotel which is not even conveniently to the beach. We booked a King Suite with study and sofa bed for over $250 a night to stay at this budget hotel.

When we arrived we discovered that we were down graded to a standard room. The hotel over booked it self, but that was not their problem. We were expected to accept a room of lesser quality for the same outrageous price we had already paid for the suite. We were not even offered a refund of the difference even when we asked for one. They just expected us to accept that they pocket extra money and we should take a lesser room and not have a problem with it.

Second, the room they gave us was next to the 24 hour fitness room, where we would hear people running on the treadmill, and or dropping weights all night long. When we asked if could change rooms they stated "that is the very last room that we have left. There are absolutely no other rooms we can move you to."

We asked three other people behind the desk, which all gave us the same answer. Feeling robbed, and a little infuriated I spent the next hour on the phone with my card company which was able to finally get us a full refund. During that time we saw numerous guests check in, and get other rooms, even though we were told there was absolutely nothing else. When we asked how there were rooms available for the new guests that were not next to the fitness room when we were told we had the absolute last room they replied by telling us we never asked for a new room., when we clearly asked 3x.

Needless to sat we did not stay there. We ended up at a much nicer hotel next to the beach, for the same price.

Their satisfaction money back guarantee is a joke, as they even refused to refund the difference when they don graded us.

I will not be staying at any other Ham-ton Inn's, and I suggest tha if you decide to stay here, make a pre-paid rsvp with caution.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chelle10010
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We planned a short getaway to Rehoboth for some shopping and relaxation. Since it was too cold to go to the beach we decided to choose a hotel on Rt.1. We had last stayed here 8 years ago. The last stay was fine but nothing special.

This time we could see the great improvements with this property. The hotel, lobby, breakfast area, and rooms had all been redone. Everything was very clean and new.

The pool provided a great way to end the day. The kids had a ton of fun.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank delaware-veg
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Hilton must have been spending their time in the past couple of years upgrading Hampton Inns. I have been nothing but extremely impressed with Hampton Inns recently. They all appear new and are consistent with quality and service. …which is similar to how I felt about Hilton Garden Inns seven years ago, and those are starting to see some age. If you haven’t stayed at a Hampton Inn recently, I highly recommend it. They are a great lower-priced hotel. This one at Rehoboth is of the same good quality as I’ve been seeing elsewhere. The boardwalk is about a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple