“Excellent hotel for price, service and location”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel for price, service and location”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was the most idyllic hotel in which we have ever stayed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We'd recommend it to anyone. Beach is less than 2 miles and one of best reasonable Tanger shopping mall outlet is less than a mile. you can find liquor store by walking distance. what else do you need! best part about out stay was close by everything you need and not to mention the service at the hotel provided to us was amazing.

Room Tip: the direction is little confusing. but once you get there you will love it
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krrish2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to take a spare of the moment trip to Rehoboth beach on Saturday. This was my first time not only to this beach, but to this hotel so I was really looking forward to it. We booked a hotel at the AmericInn and while I understand that it's near a beach on a Saturday, It rivaled amongst the most expensive hotels I've ever purchased for one night and so your expectations should be high for an experience like this. It started off on a bad note. We arrived at 8 am and was told that we could not check in at that time which I could understand, but we were told that the cleaning crew came in at 10 and when the first room was available, we would be contacted. We decided to go to the beach until it was ready, thinking we would get a call by noon... It was after 3 when we were finally called. We arrived and was given the room key. I opened the door and was immediately hit with the smell of what I could only describe as either mold or mildew. There was a awful smell which just amplified my frustration with the situation. My girlfriend felt a little cold and asked me to turn on the heater unit just on low and we had to cut it off due to the smell of smoke coming out of the unit. The only bright spot was the staff, they were friendly and tried to help us finding food in the area. I cannot express how disappointed I was in this hotel and whether you stay there or not, I hope you have a better experience than we had.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I made a brief overnight stay here and chose this hotel for the pet policy. The outside pet area was clean so you can thank the pet owners for this. The hotel had a poop bag station but of course no bags and from the look of it they haven't had any in a long while.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable for what I would expect. Now on to the issues. First the TV looked like it was about to fall off the stand maybe it was missing a screw or something. Next the TV only had 13 channels and 2 were the worthless type and all the channels were very bad quality.

Sadly I discovered as I was getting out of the shower that there were no towels in the room at all. They also must have recently remount ed the shower bar as they didn't paint over the patch job and the drywall dust was piled up on the shower ledge.

I brought all of this to their attention upon check out and they did give me 10% off but at $300 a night I would have expected more. I would not stay again and I would not recommend anyone paying over $150 a night and that is during beach season.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John F
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I were so happy to find such a nice hotel next to the beach with pet accommodations.Traveling with our two babies, 2yr old onix and 3yr old cinnamon, siberian huskies has alway been an issue for us. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our pets. We will been staying at this hotel in our future beach vacations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laura c
Ellicott City
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We've been staying at this hotel every yr we go to Rehobeth Delaware for the past 20 yrs but now we're are going to have to look for another place in the future. Before they had pets only on the 1st floor. Now they are allowing pets on all floors. My daughter is highly allergic to cats and dogs. Although we stayed in a room that they say was pet free room but because they are now on the same floor, my daughter had a hard time breathing. Also the breakfast was really bad. My girls looked forward to going to Americinn because of the pet free level, pool and breakfast. But since the change over of new owners, food is bad and not pet friendly on one level. We are sad to have to find a new place from now on.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

2 Thank Gloria M
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Bed uncomfortable. Lost reservation, but did find us a room. Heard a few pets, but not around bed time. The breakfast was nice and free wifi..close to,shopping area. Pool area looked nice, and I would agree need an elevator for the older people.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed with my husband for our 1 year anniversary. Was not expecting much due to photos on their website, but our room was very nice. Nicer than the pictures lead you to believe. Reception was friendly even at when we checked in at 3am. Only feedback is that there is no elevator. This was not a problem for us, but I could see it being a real issue for others. Also, the pool was strangely cloudy. Chose not to use it. Also, we only received room service one day (by choice), but when we came back to our room, the clean up was less that I would have expected. Bed not made properly, room not vacuumed, towels not changed when left as instructed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple