“Great Place !”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
“Great Place !”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here Labor Day and the day after in 2013, what a great place. The staff was awesome, so friendly and they told us where they would eat dinner, based on price and quality...it was so worth it. The rooms have just been redone, clean and updated. The food and especially the coffee in the breakfast room was great. The price was so much cheaper than the other hotels on the same highway. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Big fluffy pillows, microwave, refrigerator and all the amentities right in our room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived here early and asked if the room was ready and were told it wasn't. We knew it was early but inquired anyway. The woman said she would call us when it was ready. checkout time is 12 noon and the room may not be available for a while. We were aware of this and were fine. We went to the beach and returned back about 1pm and were told the room still wasn't ready. so we stayed by the pool and the lady said she would let us know. She also reminded us it is guaranteed by 4pm which we are aware of. We have stayed in plenty of hotels and lots of times have gotten into rooms early if available, but, when they knew we arrived early for the room they would do everything possible to get the room ready for us. This was the first time we ran into a problem. We sat by the pool till 2:30 and asked about the room and someone said they would let us know when it was ready. I was wondering how long it takes to clean a room even if the person checked out at 12pm. By three pm we knew nobody was going to have us check in until 4pm. when we showed up at the desk a different woman was there and I asked her if the policy of the hotel is to have people wait till 4pm for check in. she did say if a room is available they try to get you in early if you are there. I told here we have been there all day and why couldn't the person have the room cleaned before another room because the people were there already. If possible. Well, she mentioned that they do everything possible but my husband said but nobody seemed to do anything about getting us into the room until 4pm. All that happened was that she got annoyed with our complaining and said we had an attitude. I was very put off by that because I didn't think I was being nasty and was offended by that remark. You work with the public so listen to their complaints and say nothing. A man came over to side with her and also said they do the best they can. I walked away feeling very insulted by her attitude. she got very offended with us and defensive. I tried to make her understand that if I was working in a hotel and customers came in for a room a little early I would ask housekeeping to have that room readied as soon as possible. I wouldn't stand there and try to argue with them and accuse them of an attitude. The hotel is very nicely renovated and the room is clean and pleasant and I'm sure I'll be comfortable for the few days I'm here, but I'm very offended with her unprofessional behavior. she also stated that we were stopping her from checking us in. after we had waited six hours for the room to be cleaned. Huh? Its just a shame that the woman got defensive and needed to argue back. Hope the rest of our stay goes okay. There were so many nice reviews about the staff at the hotel. Guess today is their day off.

Room Tip: Don't complain regardless of what happens and the hotel is always right according to them.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Went from 8/4/13 to 8/6/13 and the hotel was being renovated. However, the room was good and everything for the most part was ok. The room I picked was was prepaid and everything was taken care of, or so I thought. Once I received my credit card statement there was a $50 extra adjustment charge. I contacted Choice Hotels and they did not understand why I was charged extra and could not answer my question. She tried to transfer me to the hotel directly and I was on hold for ever and gave up. I had to dispute the $50 charge because my question could not be answered and I was kept on hold. The people I spoke with were friendly but was question was not answered. The dispute is still pending.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulGA45
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Comfort Inn and Suites in Rehoboth Beach is not near the beach, but near grocery stores, the outlet malls, and great restaurants! The hotel is clean and has been renovated recently. The beds are comfortable and our room was always clean by our wonderful housekeeper, Ronny! The breakfast provided variety and was hot every morning. The staff were super friendly and always said hello and asked how we were enjoying our vacation. We loved our stay and will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ProfessorOT
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Kudos to the staff and management at the Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach! My family spent 5 nights with you and loved every minute of our vacation! It's the perfect location for not only Rehoboth, but also a short distance to Ocean City and the ferry to Cape May. Staff was so helpful in making suggestions of where to eat, what to see and do - really appreciate all their help. Housekeeping maintains the house - makes you feel very comfortable when you know things are kept clean! Renovations are beautiful - and we appreciated the working crew's respect of quiet hours; they did not start too early in the day. We will definitely return, as this was voted the best vacation ever by our entire family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Christine K
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I had a most pleasant stay at the Comfort Inn when we visited Rehobeth. The staff was especially friendly, helpful, and did their utmost to accommodate our every wish. The bed was comfortable, and the room clean. It was great to have breakfast included, too, so that we were able to get up early and be on our way, without having to find breakfast. We felt that we were getting the same services as the competition down the street, for much less money. we strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gmajudy01
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We knew this hotel would not be on the beach, so that is not a complaint by me at all.

The interior had just completed a renovation, and the outside was getting all new stone siding, and the front lot was a bit muddy as result, not a problem.

However, the pool looked nice, but we did not use it.

Comfort Inns are usually fairly nice, you get what you expect sort of places, this one was no exception. Clean and had a nice TV and clear reception, beds nice, bath nice.

On the main highway, close to beaches and Lewes and the outlets, which we avoided like the plague - same stores as all the outlets, not our thing.

Room Tip: A minimum room at a minimum rate is all you need here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple