“Great stay at the Bellmoor Inn”

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a great stay at the Bellmoor Inn. This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the area was. We were 2.5 blocks from the beach and the Inn had a very nice bed and breakfast feel. There are two pools - one modestly sized for adults and a larger one for families, and very nice seating and lounge areas including a little library. The staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations for dining. We stayed in one of the upper floor rooms with its own balcony and found the king sized bed very comfortable. We enjoyed the pillows so much we ordered some for our home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

That's all I kept saying, multiple times a day, "I'm very happy here!" This was a last minute getaway for me, my husband and two teenage children. The Bellmoor was the only hotel with the availability we needed. Initially, I felt the rate was rather high but since I heard so many wonderful things about Rehoboth I figured the rates were the norm for the location. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff at the Bellmoor could not have been more accommodating. Whatever I requested they granted. From a nightly turn-down service to extra blankets to use of the hotel on the day of checkout (pool, showers, parking) to heating up food to finding out the name of the trees adorning their landscape. You name it; they did it. I'll call this the "yes" hotel because they never said "no". Soooo looking forward to returning next year. Oh, and the breakfast that is included with your stay was perfectly delicious.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MariaPecoraro
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at the Bellmoor and what a wonderful experience it was! I was surprised to read the reviews when I returned home so I thought I would give you some details to my experience.
My husband and I stayed on the club level which is an adult only floor. We chose this room because we did not want to stay around other children as we were breaking away from ours for the weekend. They do make the policy clear when making your reservation and upon check in because as a guest paying a little extra for an adult only floor I appreciate it. Yes.. The hotel is a little on the expensive side but you do pay for what you get! The front desk, management and housekeeping all went out of their way to make sure we had dinner reservations, knowledge about the area and things to do and also making sure our room was fresh in the am and pm with towels and anything we could want or need while enjoying our stay. Although we did not bring our kids this time around, they have tasty cookies and ice tea in the afternoons. The girl even brought the cookies back out to some kids who came a little late after they were cleaned up. In my opinion this is a very "kid" friendly hotel as the staff even calls some of the kids by their names. That shows they pay attention to detail.. Just like our lovely room! Very clean and comfortable!!! I will definitely be back with our whole family! :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Beachgirlz25
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my first trip to the Rehoboth Beach area and as I am recovering from surgery I needed a place that provided me with convenience to the beach, yet pampering for quiet times. The Bellmoor did live up to my expectations, however, it is much too pricey for what is offered. Parking is provided, but there is a daily parking fee for their lots. Our room was a "Garden King", which is located in a beautiful garden setting away from the main building. Access to these rooms is through the main hotel and across the beautiful gardens that really are very lovely. The front desk staff was very pleasant when we checked in. I requested extra pillows because of my surgery and they were promptly delivered to our room. Our room had a wonderfully soft king bed, supplied with abundant pillows. The room was exceptionally clean and very nicely decorated in a seashore theme. The floors are hardwood and the room had great windows to allow in the sunshine. The bathroom was also very clean, but the door stuck and did not close. The sink, however, is located in a vanity area outside the bathroom and there are no towels stored in that area. That is extremely inconvenient if someone is in the bathroom and towels are needed at the sink. There were limited places to hang wet towels and bathing suits, not a good option for the beach. We enjoyed the private "adults only" pool as well as the beautiful and peaceful gardens that ring the courtyard. Small waterfalls add to the ambiance of the garden/eating area. I did not experience the breakfast buffet on the weekend as my stay was during the week. The weekly breakfast food was abundant and very plentiful, including the usual bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast, pasties, juices, yogurt, fruit and various teas and coffee. The food was absolutely wonderful and I filled my plate more than once. We used the hot tub twice, however, on the second visit, it simply stopped working and the staff was unable to get it working. The front desk said it was an unfortunate electrical problem. I chose the Bellmoor partly because of the hot tub and that was a very unfortunate loss. Regarding the price policy, I was told that my room rate was high because it is "high" season at the beach. We understand that Rehoboth beach is a vacation town, however, after staying in coastal areas of New England last summer, the Bellmoor's rate for our room was extremely high for the amenities offered. There is no shuttle to the beach, which prohibits taking chairs, etc. as the walk is not a short three blocks to the ocean. Also, to charge extremely high rates for a room that does not have an area to store or hang towels at the sink/vanity is ridiculous. Did we spend a nice, comfortable, enjoyable time at the Bellmoor? Yes, unquestionably. Did the price reflect the amenities offered at this hotel? Definitely not.

Room Tip: The "Garden" rooms overlook a beautiful, peaceful garden with waterfalls. However, you he...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had heard so many great things about Bellmoor Inn from friends, so I was really surprised when we had the opposite experience -- particularly since we were paying so much. When we arrived, the management was really rude. We walked in with our 3 year old son, and it seemed like they weren't too keen on having children at the hotel. I had booked a room for 2 people, and had asked for a cot or rollaway bed for our son. They were incredibly rude and mentioned at least 3-4 times that it's not their policy to provide these things, and that we'd need another room. The manager specifically said they didn't have anything and that we'd have to make it work (which was fine). He also mentioned that the garden rooms were for people without kids so that the other guests wouldn't be disturbed by kids waking up in the "middle of the night and crying." Needless to say, we felt incredibly unwelcome. Also, the management at the spa was rude. I went in for a massage, and the lady did not welcome me in, or offer me anything. For the amount that we paid, I wouldn't have expected this.

The room was fine -- nothing over the top. On our second day here, we noticed ants all over the bathroom area!! We ended up closing up all of our toiletry bags, and I used the washcloths to wipe away all the ants I could see. A few hours later when I returned from the beach, they were back! I did the same thing -- wipe down the counters. However, I'm surprised that the cleaning crew didn't see them or try to clean that area?

My recommendation -- do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank SGAfromVA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa is probably as good as it gets in this beach community where most people stay in rental homes, even though the decor is generic pseudo early-Ritz Carlton and not very beach-like. The location is fine -- a few short blocks to the beach and adjacent to restaurants and shops, and housekeeping was first rate. On a rainy weekend, the breakfast area was jammed (since outdoor tables could not be used) but the food abundant. The broken one slot toaster and resulting lines of those wanting toast was odd -- the Black & Decker outlet is nearby for a replacement. The rates and minimum stays are predictably high in high season; easy to top $1,000/room for a weekend. Fresher decor and more modern style would have been nice for that price. But the point of staying at the Bellmoor is its location and the fact it is as upscale as Rehoboth offers. And that is why we picked it for a family reunion, booking two rooms and a suite for parents, uncles and kids. When on the first day the kids came to gather with the family in the Suite (which is why we took the suite), how surprised we were when a gruff security guard knocked on the door and insisted that the kids immediately leave the suite and the floor, which we were told was adults only (over 25 at that). (Apparently, he had monitored the security camera on the floor, as the kids are well-behaved and no one complained -- a little creepy that we were being monitored). The manager confirmed the hotel policy that no kids are allowed on the suite floor; at booking, we only were asked if the people booking the suite were adults and were not told that no children could visit. We have never been to a hotel where guests were not permitted to visit a room (other than a casino) based on their age. When I complained, the manager sheepishly offered to set up a conference room for the family gathering (not exactly the same as gathering in our residential suite), and then he relented and said the kids could visit but only if they took the service elevator! By that time, the kids and their parents were sufficiently spooked, that they did not visit again and we did not receive the intended value of the suite. So while I might give the Inn an average rating, the bizarre undisclosed policy about kids visiting their relatives brought this rating down.

Room Tip: Avoid the Suites if you have a family as kids cannot even visit.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Capcityman
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A family that visits many places and stays in many hotels. I inspect every room with a fine tooth comb. We only book 4-5 star. This hotel did not disappoint as far as beauty. The lobby and the gardens are perfect. The room upon entering was nice. After inspection I noticed a few things that could use some help. The area that housed the "kitchen" could have been a little cleaner. There were stains and marks on walls and on cabinets that are off white slats.
The bathroom very clean. A bonus! Not enough hooks or towel bars. Not any area to hang a towel or a wet bathing suit. Behind bathroom door there was toothpaste stuck to walls. Not a fan or vent. Gets very steamy. Not nearly enough garbage cans in the room and the one in bathroom was extremely tiny.
They do not offer towels, chairs or shuttle service to the beach. Major blunder.
As far as being pampered, well I expect a little more. There was not any complimentary water bottles or beverages. Not anything to offer. Not any specials for guests staying in hotel as far as spa pricing. Not any times allotted just for hotel guests.
The breakfast was nice but only superior on the weekend. During the week very similar to other hotels.
We may stay again but got better service at hotel Rehoboth.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to The Bellmoor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!