“Great stay at the Bellmoor”

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just returned from the Bellmoor. We have stayed here on prior occasions. This time we stayed in the Gardner's cottage. All staff who we interacted with were very kind and helpful. That includes housekeeping staff, breakfast dining staff and office staff. The room was great for us. Perfect for a family of 4 adults (1 king bed/ 1 queen bed). The cottage has a lovely porch which we sat in during the evening hours. The only glitch is having to share a small shower/bathroom (no tub). You do have a 1/2 bath upstairs which is great. Got a great suggestion on Pizza.....Louie's Pizza. The location is perfect...near restaurants, shops, the beach and Funland.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,925)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a rare pleasure to find a luxury hotel within a casual beach setting.
We had a wonderful view of the garden and trees. The room was beautiful and clean with top quality bedding. There was surprisingly no noise and we found the whole experience a peaceful escape from the busy beach. They could have been a little more accommodating on a later checkout time when the room was not booked (which hotels try to do at this price point) but having said that, a changing area and shower were made available.
We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a garden facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had stayed here many times in the past few years & always had a delightful experience. Our accommodations were in the main building & were comfortable & spacious. This time, we were relegated to a garden room, an area out of the main building & next to a lovely landscaped garden. The problem was that the room was decidedly small & shabby, the furniture mismatched & the bed hard & uncomfortable. The manager, & subsequently the owner, when contacted by us, had no recommendations & essentially said "tough luck". Our recommendation to anyone considering a stay here is to look elsewhere. Rehoboth has many luxurious hotels with better attitude & nicer accommodations.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a great stay at the Bellmoor Inn. This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the area was. We were 2.5 blocks from the beach and the Inn had a very nice bed and breakfast feel. There are two pools - one modestly sized for adults and a larger one for families, and very nice seating and lounge areas including a little library. The staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations for dining. We stayed in one of the upper floor rooms with its own balcony and found the king sized bed very comfortable. We enjoyed the pillows so much we ordered some for our home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

That's all I kept saying, multiple times a day, "I'm very happy here!" This was a last minute getaway for me, my husband and two teenage children. The Bellmoor was the only hotel with the availability we needed. Initially, I felt the rate was rather high but since I heard so many wonderful things about Rehoboth I figured the rates were the norm for the location. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff at the Bellmoor could not have been more accommodating. Whatever I requested they granted. From a nightly turn-down service to extra blankets to use of the hotel on the day of checkout (pool, showers, parking) to heating up food to finding out the name of the trees adorning their landscape. You name it; they did it. I'll call this the "yes" hotel because they never said "no". Soooo looking forward to returning next year. Oh, and the breakfast that is included with your stay was perfectly delicious.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MariaPecoraro
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at the Bellmoor and what a wonderful experience it was! I was surprised to read the reviews when I returned home so I thought I would give you some details to my experience.
My husband and I stayed on the club level which is an adult only floor. We chose this room because we did not want to stay around other children as we were breaking away from ours for the weekend. They do make the policy clear when making your reservation and upon check in because as a guest paying a little extra for an adult only floor I appreciate it. Yes.. The hotel is a little on the expensive side but you do pay for what you get! The front desk, management and housekeeping all went out of their way to make sure we had dinner reservations, knowledge about the area and things to do and also making sure our room was fresh in the am and pm with towels and anything we could want or need while enjoying our stay. Although we did not bring our kids this time around, they have tasty cookies and ice tea in the afternoons. The girl even brought the cookies back out to some kids who came a little late after they were cleaned up. In my opinion this is a very "kid" friendly hotel as the staff even calls some of the kids by their names. That shows they pay attention to detail.. Just like our lovely room! Very clean and comfortable!!! I will definitely be back with our whole family! :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Beachgirlz25
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my first trip to the Rehoboth Beach area and as I am recovering from surgery I needed a place that provided me with convenience to the beach, yet pampering for quiet times. The Bellmoor did live up to my expectations, however, it is much too pricey for what is offered. Parking is provided, but there is a daily parking fee for their lots. Our room was a "Garden King", which is located in a beautiful garden setting away from the main building. Access to these rooms is through the main hotel and across the beautiful gardens that really are very lovely. The front desk staff was very pleasant when we checked in. I requested extra pillows because of my surgery and they were promptly delivered to our room. Our room had a wonderfully soft king bed, supplied with abundant pillows. The room was exceptionally clean and very nicely decorated in a seashore theme. The floors are hardwood and the room had great windows to allow in the sunshine. The bathroom was also very clean, but the door stuck and did not close. The sink, however, is located in a vanity area outside the bathroom and there are no towels stored in that area. That is extremely inconvenient if someone is in the bathroom and towels are needed at the sink. There were limited places to hang wet towels and bathing suits, not a good option for the beach. We enjoyed the private "adults only" pool as well as the beautiful and peaceful gardens that ring the courtyard. Small waterfalls add to the ambiance of the garden/eating area. I did not experience the breakfast buffet on the weekend as my stay was during the week. The weekly breakfast food was abundant and very plentiful, including the usual bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast, pasties, juices, yogurt, fruit and various teas and coffee. The food was absolutely wonderful and I filled my plate more than once. We used the hot tub twice, however, on the second visit, it simply stopped working and the staff was unable to get it working. The front desk said it was an unfortunate electrical problem. I chose the Bellmoor partly because of the hot tub and that was a very unfortunate loss. Regarding the price policy, I was told that my room rate was high because it is "high" season at the beach. We understand that Rehoboth beach is a vacation town, however, after staying in coastal areas of New England last summer, the Bellmoor's rate for our room was extremely high for the amenities offered. There is no shuttle to the beach, which prohibits taking chairs, etc. as the walk is not a short three blocks to the ocean. Also, to charge extremely high rates for a room that does not have an area to store or hang towels at the sink/vanity is ridiculous. Did we spend a nice, comfortable, enjoyable time at the Bellmoor? Yes, unquestionably. Did the price reflect the amenities offered at this hotel? Definitely not.

Room Tip: The "Garden" rooms overlook a beautiful, peaceful garden with waterfalls. However, you he...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Rehoboth
Hotel Rehoboth
#7 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to The Bellmoor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!