It started bad----Check in is at 4pm not a minute before and 40-50 people checking in at the same time with 3 people at the desk was not fun! Felt bad for the desk people! I had to wait 2 hours for my room!
But believe it or not it got worse! My room smelt! Wifi did not work the entire trip! Housekeeper decided to not leave me any towels the first day and it took hours to find someone to get me some! The second day they skipped my room entirely despite my calling the front desk twice! They left coffee but no coffee pot! There was a huge jacuzzi in the middle of my living room! So weird!
The hotel is old and moldy, badly kept, run down, dirty, poor service, horrible food and way over priced! We paid $400 a nite for two of the rooms and $500 for the one with the smell!
The good points of the hotel? It's right on the boardwalk has a nice little pool and it could be a great little spot with some TLC. They have a new wing that is better than the old wing but not by much. It feels like the hotels position is "we're gonna sell out anyway because of our location so your just lucky to be here". The only thing worse than a hotel that doesn't care is probably the people who figure it out after paying top dollar. The front desk was inundated with people complaining every time I walked by it. The negativity they emanated did not make for happy hotel workers.
I would stay anywhere but here next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach
- Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center Rehoboth Beach, Delaware