“Fun for all!”
Review of Funland

Funland
More attraction details
Owner description: Funland is a family amusement center located on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. A family owned and operated business since 1962, Funland provides family fun at reasonable prices for those who visit us each summer. The park offers great entertainment for the whole family, featuring 19 rides, 14 midway games, a redemption center, Skeeball, and an arcade. Our season begins Mother's Day Weekend and runs through Labor Day. In the early part of our season (May into June), our closing time varies; we reserve the right to close early due to factors such as weather and lack of crowds! Normally in season, July 4th - Labor Day, we close around 11 PM.
Reviewed 20 June 2011

You can't beat Funland. Cheap fun entertainment for all ages. Small but great. Arcade games, rides, carnival atmosphere and who doesn't love a cheesy haunted house?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My first trip to Funland was on my family's first vacation to Rehoboth Beach - a week that started on Saturday, August 4th, 1963. (Yup - I still remember the week.) For a six year old who had never been to a beach, never walked on a boardwalk, and never been to an amusement park - this was an amazing week! That week in Rehoboth, and the 3 or 4 visits to Funland, would turn out to be the first of nine years that we visited - and on every subsequent year, Funland was the first place I wanted to go after we arrived, and the last place we stopped as we left the beach to return home.

In August, 2010, my partner and I spent 4 days in Rehoboth, the final part of our trip 'Back EAST' to attend my 35th HS reunion in Arlington, Va. Of course, much had changed, and yet Funland was still going strong - full of happy kids, parents having a great time watching the little ones, and the smiling, engaged staff of Funland - something I remembered after all those years.

As a six year old, EVERYTHING in Funland was amazing! I couldn't ride some of the rides (too young, too little), but those fire engines, the boats, the Rocketships, and of course the Carousel, were a real thrill. (I could still see the same excitement and thrilled looks on the faces of the youngsters that I remembered from back in the '60s.) As I got older, I 'graduated' to the Helicopters, the Daisy Cups (as I think they were called back then), and the ride all boys loved best, the Bumper Cars. (When I got a bit bigger - and stronger - I loved the 'Swinging Gyms', which my brother and I call 'the cages.')

I loved the rides, but it wasn't a trip to Funland without SkeeBall, plenty of pinball, and spin painting at one of the stalls that faced the boardwalk. Many of the amusements have changed - but there are still plenty of things to do that aren't 'moving.'

We had a GREAT time visiting Funland last year - - why? Because despite all the changes over the past 47 years, the thing I remember most vividly - always having a great time, with lots of things to do(Oh, and my parents saying to each other, "... and it's affordable...") - those things were all still the same - unchanged over nearly 5 decades - pretty amazing in today's "mega" world, don't you thing?!

4  Thank BaritoneMark
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have been to Funland since it was first established. The folks that operate Funland,
have become my friends for life. They are from Hershey, Pa. and they are the best of the best. My children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren have had the most fun for over 30 years at Funland. The prices are great and they treat their help like family.

1  Thank maryl0u27
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Funland is a requirement for everyone visiting Rehoboth Beach. It's family owned and so reasonably priced you'll be shocked. It's an unofficial historical landmark and loved by all of Rehoboth.

The games ... Yes, you can actually win prizes. Even your 4 year old can win - easily. The owners of Funland want you to enjoy the rides, win prizes - and in no way are the games fixed so you'll lose everytime.

A local favorite is the horse racing game on the boardwalk. What's great about Funland is that it's consistent year after year. No jacking up the prices or trying to rip people off. Funland is fair and square.

Many of the rides have been there since the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's. The rides are maintained and in excellent condition. There's never any freak accidents or anything like that. Everything's in great shape - so it's safe, fun and you get that retro feel all at the same time.

And yes, even if you don't have kids - you must go. Adults love it, too. It's everyone's favorite Rehoboth landmark and vacation tradition.

- Hadley

Locals Only Blog
www.localsonlyblog.com

Reviewed 11 June 2010

Semi-indoor amusement park on the boardwalk near Wilmington Avenue. We spent $17 here to entertain our two young children for an afternoon (2-3 hours). $12 for 48 tickets with small rides being 2-3 tickets each and we counted 12 rides total for smaller children. There were a few more for bigger kids or if you wanted to ride with the little ones. We also spent $5 in change on games,etc. Our kids had a blast and it didn't break the bank. What more do you want for an afternoon of family fun? I would also like to point out that the establishment is seeking to minimize its carbon footprint and be green. In that vein, they have 100+ solar panels on the roof helping to run the rides and games. I think this very commendable.

1  Thank cheffieMD