“Convenient, Friendly, Comfortable Accommodations”
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The Avenue Inn is within walking distance of Rehoboth Ave. attractions while maintaining a quiet, upscale, family atmosphere. The rooms were a generous size with modern appointments (bath, fridge, tv, etc.). And the hotel itself had suprising amenities from an indoor pool to daily wine & cheese service and evening cookies. Friendly staff, too! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank newtoDE
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us at the Avenue Inn . Your kind words are the reward for which we work hard to achieve. I am grateful to you for taking the time to write the review and I sincerely appreciate your business. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Seaboard Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (2,241)

Reviewed 12 May 2011

I have visited many hotels as I travel for work and leisure. I try hard to stay in accommodations that are just as comfortable as or more comfortable than my home. Avenue Inn definitely fits the bill! This go around my hubby and I took a short trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I am the designated "travel agent" in my family since I usually select the best places to stay. My secret, Trip Advisor! Nine times out of ten, Trip Advisor is right on the money. Even so, I had the hardest time selecting between Avenue Inn and Hotel Rehoboth. Both have very good reviews. Ultimately, I selected Avenue Inn for the location and price. The location is very close to the beach and boardwalk. Hotel Rehoboth is a little further down the road (although it's a scenic walk as we walked down there to check it out). Also, Avenue Inn was a little less expensive. I was skeptical of Avenue Inn because of the pictures on the web...they seem a little dated. The pictures were true to my room but the room itself did not feel dated and was very clean. Pros: My hubby and I loved the balcony facing Rehoboth Ave! The beds were comfortable. I also loved the AI Beach towels!! They are nice and thick. The hot tub was heavenly and the sauna was just right. The breakfast was good, we enjoyed the wine and cheese (even if it was spreadable), the cookies were plentiful, and the internet access was not slow. In addition, Avenue Inn was very generous in providing my hubby and me a bottle of champagne for our anniversary! Perfect!
Cons (I had to stretch here): If you're a techie like my hubbie, then you should bring a surge protector because there are not many outlets in the room. My husband ALWAYS travels with his surge protector so we were covered. The pool was a little cool but I still have no complaints.

On Trip Advisor, the number one hotel is usually either the most luxurious hotel or the best value. Avenue Inn was the latter. There's not room service (although the hotel provides plenty menus to local restaurants), you will carry your own bags (on provided carts), and there is no hotel provided laundry service that I could tell (although there’s a laundry room with a washer and dryer). However, it was a VERY comfortable and peaceful place to stay (and I didn’t always use all of the listed services above when I stay at other hotels anyway).

For people who like to compare local hotels to big name brands, I would compare Avenue Inn to a laid-back Homewood Suites (disclaimer: I love the HS) but with just a touch of added warmth. Most of the amenities are the same (sans the sauna and steam room for HS). I would definitely recommend Avenue Inn to my friends and stay here again. My Hubby wants to make this an annual trip!

Room Tip: If you can, try to stay on the Rehoboth Ave side
Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

It is with great pleasure to read your review and have you as our guest. You hit on so many of the things we focus on and work hard to present to our guests. Within our hotel group our motto is “Friendliness and Cleanliness”. While it is a very basic statement it truly is the base on which any successful hotel must be built. We try to take that base to the next level and beyond to deliver an experience that truly sets us apart not just in our markets but anywhere you may stay. We are not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton property but we don’t charge their rates either. That being said we do deliver excellent customer service in a clean, comfortable, and relaxing environment and it’s at the beach! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and especially thank you for choosing to stay with us, it is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

We played in the Sports At The Beach Mother's Day tournament; we had been to Rehoboth before and figured we'd stay there. Smart move, but an even smarter move was picking the Avenue Inn. The location simply cannot be beat - so close to the boardwalk and main drag, but nice & quiet.
Great amenities - little touches like free wine & cheese, cookies before bed, beach chairs, etc.. Nice pool,too. Oh, and free parking - clutch in a shore town!
Staff wasn't exactly warm and cuddly, but there were courteous, professional and very responsive. I like that combination.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a view!
  • Stayed: May 2011
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Thank you for deciding to give us a try this time while in Rehoboth. It is great to hear we will be your choice from now on. We want to be the best in town and we work hard to acccomplish this goal. Your business and time in placing the review are sincerely appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Seaboard Hotels.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

My wife and I have vacationed in Rehoboth many times over the years. For our most recent trip, we decided to take TripAdvisor's recommendations seriously when it came to both dining and our hotel. Because of this, we picked the Avenue Inn & Spa for a 4-night stay.

We loved it. The staff was very courteous. Our room was spotless. We had a very nice 2-room suite, which allowed our 2-year-old son to have his own room during our stay. Because most of the other guests appeared to be a generation older than us, I was afraid that they (and the staff) might see our toddler and cringe, but everyone just beamed whenever we walked through the lobby with him or took him to the continental breakfast. Speaking of the breakfast, it was delicious and, unlike a lot of hotel continental breakfasts, actually offered a few different options each day. If you stay here, eat breakfast at the hotel and NOT at Sammy's across the street.

The indoor pool is quite nice, as is the attached patio. The two times we used it, we had it completely to ourselves. (I think it helped that we were there mid-September when kids are in school.) You can hardly beat the hotel's location: walk out the door and you're right in the middle of the best Rehoboth Beach shopping, and it's only a short walk to the beach and some of the best-rated restaurants in the area (such as Green Man, Mariachi, and Confucius).

The only minor complaint I would have was the view out our window, which gave us only a partial view of the shops outside, but I'm not sure it's an option to get a better view (or a balcony) with the type of room we selected.

We had such a good time that we asked if we could stay for one additional night, and the lady at the front desk was quick to arrange it for us and said she was glad we were enjoying our stay so much that we wanted to stay longer. We've already booked our next trip in September, and will be staying at the Avenue Inn again, this time for 6 nights. We can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

I am grateful and appreciative of your choosing to stay with us and for writing such a great review. Tripadvisor is important to our business and we work hard to be #1 so that new guests will choose us and experience all that we offer in our hotel. We build our business on the good word our guests spread for us and by making your first stay the first of many to come. It is great to hear you will be back for such a long stay in September, we look forward to making your second stay even better than the first. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to place the review.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I travel to Rehoboth Beach two to three times a year with friends for vacation. It would be more often if we could afford it, but at this point in our lives it will have to do. We used to stay at the Atlantis, which is a decent place and was improved greatly in the mid '00s, but I found that the beds there were rather small, so I began to research other hotels in Rehoboth and checked out the Avenue Inn. I knew about the place before, an eccentric friends of ours stayed there in 2001 when we vacationed in Rehoboth that September, so I thought it was probably a very strange place since he stayed there. Well, I was wrong. The first thing that drew me to The Avenue was the fact that they have a wine and cheese reception every evening at 5pm in the lobby. That sold me IMMEDIATELY!!! So even though I intially was most interested in the wine and cheese (I still am), I discovered what a wonderful hotel it truly is. The staff is very nice at the front desk, the place feels like home, the breakfast is nicer than what you find in many hotels, and the views (on the Rehoboth Ave side) are very nice...I enjoy watching all the action along the street from the balcony and being able to see the ocean! The views from the Wilmington Ave side aren't as interesting. The location is excellent for us, close to bars and restaurants and just a little over one block from the beach. As of January 2011, I have stayed in this hotel ten times and it is the only place in Rehoboth that I like to stay. During the summer of 2009 we waited too long to try to get a room and ended up at the brand new Hotel Rehoboth. That is a lovely hotel but it lacks the friendliness and home- like feeling of the Avenue...not to mention it's a long walk to the beach from there! The Hotel Rehoboth also has a tiny tiny pool...it's the size of a puddle...and most of their rooms have no balconies...and it's more expensive. Oh, don't get me wrong, the Hotel Rehoboth is beautiful and they serve a great wine and cheese reception in the lobby in the evening as well, but it just lacks the warmth and charm of The Avenue Inn. We were so relieved to return to The Avenue in September of 2009 after staying at the Hotel Rehoboth in June of 2009 that I made a pledge that it is now the ONLY hotel in Rehoboth for me! The Avenue Inn has a nice sized pool and a great hot tub which I usually enjoy in the late afternoons. This past New Year's Eve we stayed in one of the deluxe suites (rm 306) that has a little living room and a huge bed and a jacuzzi and entry hall. Loved it! It also has an electric fireplace and Ipod docking station. I accidentally left my adaptor for my ipod in the docking station there...oops! The only thing about that room that is negative in my opinion is that it is on the Wilmington Ave side which is VERY quiet, I like to look out on the action on Rehoboth Ave. This review has been SO glowing that one has to wonder is there ANY wrong the Avenue Inn can do? Well there are a couple of minor negatives that I can think of, but I have a feeling that they are things you may find in a lot of hotels. One thing I noticed is that they have done renovations to some rooms, but I don't think all of them have had the same renovations. For example, some rooms have granite sink counters now and some still have the old cultured marble...unless this has changed and I didn't notice. Another thing that is not my favorite is that a lot of little kids are running around at the evening wine and cheese reception. I suppose the hotel can't ban this from happening, but I really wish some of these parents would control their children better because it is an annoyance. The only advice I can give the hotel about this is to make it clear to parents that they need to keep their kids under control during this time. They'd probably get complaints like "oh my little Johnny needs to express himself and so we let him do whatever he wants." Some parents are so annoying these days, control your children!!! Can I live with these minor negatives? You bet because I LOVE The Avenue Inn & Spa, the BEST hotel in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware!!!

Room Tip: Rehoboth Ave side has better view (in my opinion)
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Albanynyer84
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Many many thanks to you for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on the Avenue and especially for making the Avenue your home at the beach. We truly strive to make the hotel feel like your personal beach house by offering exceptionally friendly service in a comfortable environment. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us, we will figure something out on an adult only wine and cheese social. :)

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I came to rehoboth beach in mid March for Tanger Outlet. I found this hotel via trip advisor. I have booked the junior Luxury Jaccuzzi for only $15x. The hotel is very near to the beach, just one block distance; and it is only 5mins drive to Tanger outlet. The service of this hotel is excellent, they served cheese in the afternoon and homemade chocolate chip in the evening. I have a complimentary champaign in my room too! I would definitely stay here again if I return back to Rehoboth. The only down side of this hotel is the breakfast!!

• Stayed: March 2011
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

It is great to hear that you found us through Tripadvisor and that the reviews you took confidence in to make your choice proved true to our service and the product we work hard to deliver. We sincerely appreciate your business as well as your time to review the hotel for others to read about your experience with us. We hope you will have the chance to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

Me and my husband stayed at the Avenue for 2 nights for a birthday get-away! I brought my IPod so we could listen to sum tunes...however I notice the room didn't have a ipod dock....in which was suppose to be in the room! I asked the attendent at the front desk ( she was very friendly and made us feel welcomed) for one and she said she would try to locate us one....I then told her not to worry becouse it was not a big deal....but to my surprise the next morning the general manager call me to ask what time could they come install the ipod dock for me! The. Staff member that came to install it was very nice! the staff was great!! Thanks.... we will return again.....! :)

• Stayed: April 2011
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. We appreciate the gesture of taking your time to share your experience at the Avenue. I apologize for the lack of the advertised amenity though I am happy to hear the staff took care of it promptly. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rehoboth Beach
Hotel Rehoboth
#7 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!