I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. It was quite pricey to me at first but then after arriving and seeing this hotel, it was well worth it. In this case, you DO get what you paid for! The location is fantastic. It is only blocks from the beach. There are 5 great places to eat and drink immediately surrounding the hotel. There is a convenient store across the street that sells anything you may have forgotten to pack. The service was great. We went a day early and had a horrible experience at another hotel. This hotel made emergency accommodations for us for the night prior to our regular reservation. Check in was easy. Parking is available under the hotel in a garage (no on-street parking or fees!). Upon check-in there was a smell of cookies baking. We found that from 5-7 every night they have wine and cheese in the lobby. At 8PM they bake cookies every night. We had missed the wine and cheese so they delivered a carafe of wine to our room with two glasses. Our room was on the second floor, had a jacuzzi tub, fireplace, and private balcony. The hotel pool is on the third floor. It is indoor but one of the walls is entirely glass doors which open to a balcony and hot tub. Our room was extremely clean and the sleep quality was fantastic. The A/C in this room was great even in those 100+ degree weather days. The breakfast every morning was great. They make different types of omelets in muffin trays so they are a good size to try different kinds. They also made a baked french toast which was fantastic. They had different pastries like bagels and danishes. They had fresh fruit, cereal, juices, and muffins. Their coffee was fantastic. As a smoker, all rooms in this hotel are nonsmoking, including the balconies. They do, however, have a smoking area with tables, chairs, and umbrellas conveniently located outside of the hotel. While we were there, the maintenance staff was continually busy, sweeping leaves, pulling weeds, and driving the golf cart shuttle with hotel guests to the beach.
I have small recommendations for this hotel. The television in our room was on top of the fireplace. This is great for the living room area but for watching tv from the bed, it was a little small. Also, the stand-up shower in our bathroom had one built-in soap tray but no place to put shampoo/conditioner, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top rated hotel in Rehoboth for ten years, the staff at The Avenue continues to deliver the best hotel experience in Rehoboth Beach. With our newly renovated lobby, breakfast room, fitness room, business center, and spa in addition to our brand new lounge, no other hotel in Rehoboth offers as much at such a great value. Stay at The Avenue and see why our guests come back again and again making the hotel their own beach house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Avenue Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avenue Inn And Spa
- Avenue Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Avenue Rehoboth Beach
- Avenue Inn & Spa Rehoboth Beach, Delaware