“Feels like home away from home!”
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Manheim, Pennsylvania
“Feels like home away from home!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Avenue Inn and Spa for the last 15 yrs. for the Sea Witch in October. There is absolutely no where else you want to stay. The renovations @ the Avenue are fantastic but they also kept some of their more quaint sun rooms as well. The feeling you get when you arrive is-YOU ARE IMPORTANT! The staff @ the Avenue are courteous and professional-Jim, the manager, is very personable and makes you feel comfortable right from the start. His right hand girl-Mary Lou is an angel and goes beyond to make your stay an enjoyable one. Lisa Marks, is the lady in charge of your hot delicious breakfast. If you are lucky, you will have a taste of her warm biscuits and sausage gravy. Her egg casserole is light enough to float.
You will not be disappointed or hungry after this breakfast. Amenities galore-complimentary wine and chess, hot chocolate cookies later in the evening, plus a beautiful indoor pool with outdoor hot tub.
The Avenue Inn and Spa is centrally located in Rehoboth to the best seafood restaurants and sports bars. The rooms facing the ocean on Rehoboth Ave. offer the best view of the ocean and very busy yearly events. This Inn has been awarded the 2013 Trip Advisor Award of the Year. Life is short so enjoy this beautiful Inn and all it has to offer. You have tried the rest, now stay @ the Best!!!

Room Tip: King room with a balcony facing Rehoboth Avenue is what you want to ask for.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the Avenue II during SeaWitch Weekend. I actually thought I booked at the Atlantis (like we had in the past which is 1/2 block away) but learned when we arrived that we booked Ave II instead. The first floor and reception area of the Avenue part of the hotel was recently done and beautiful. The wine and cheese reception (for which we could still partake) was a nice gesture, however, it was awkward since they just put out a bowl of potted cheese with no utensil or plate to put it on to dip the crackers into it (after you open the crackers). The breakfast was awesome - love the egg bakes and all the goodies, as well as quality teas and coffees, fruit, etc. The downside to being at the Avenue II was that it is right next door to the Purple Parrot (loud, noisy) bar! So it wasn't conducive for restful sleep. The beds were supposed to be queen size but there is no way they were bigger than a double bed and a little uncomfortable. The room was large, the bathrooms really clean. Had a small microwave and frig - which was convenient. Was right on the main drag so no need to drive anywhere once you were there.

Room Tip: I would ask for room on the side opposite the Purple Parrot and not ground level. Better yet, stay a...
philadelphia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As first time guests we found the Inn to be a perfect getaway retreat in the off- season! We had a King Suite on the Avenue side of the building (best to request that side of the Inn) and although the bathroom was a bit small the main room was large, decorated nicely and clean!

The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and the location of the Inn on the main street provides easy access to shopping, dining and the beach.

A special shout out to Lew, the shuttle driver, who was so much fun! Playing the oldies while shuttling guests (their chairs and beach bags) back and forth to the beach was a wonderful guest service.

Although I spent most of my summers in Avalon, I am now a Rehoboth Beach convert. The restaurants are excellent and with so many choices we must return. And we will be staying at the Avenue Inn!

Room Tip: Request a room on the Avenue side and in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I like the Avenue Inn especially with the beautiful, new renovations. It's conveniently located to everything. It's clean with a nice indoor pool if you like that. The continental breakfast is very nice. One block from the beach. Always my first choice. I try to go in the off season mostly, and during the week when the rates are cheaper everywhere. Gotta come down for The Seawitch Festival every October.

• Stayed October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel months ago, in anticipation of the 24th annual Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival! We were in Rehoboth back in April and had a chance to see the hotel pre-renovations. Because of the great location and proximity to restaurants, shops, boardwalk and the venues for the jazz concerts, we decided this was the place to stay.

The location of this hotel is prime for their jazz event because in addition to the concerts at the larger venues (convention center etc.) the local bars and restaurants also have live entertainment and this hotel is in the middle of it all. I think we used our truck 2x during our 4 night stay...

From check in to check out everything was great! The front desk staff were very welcoming, and nice to chat with.... I loved waking up in the morning, getting my coffee from the dining area and taking a short leisurely walk to the boardwalk/beach, sitting on the bench and just gazing at the ocean!

My husband was more adventurous, and took an even longer walk to spring lake which he said was not only gorgeous to see but the beautiful large homes were nice to see as well. I was being lazy!

The renovations are stunning compared to the old look. Not that the old look was bad, but what an improvement! Very cozy and inviting with just enough decor to remind you of where you are, at the beach! but not overwhemling.

The Avenue Lounge is a nice addition for a cocktail before and after hanging out on the town. We did not think the drinks were terribly expensive considering where you are; yes there are other bars that offer slightly cheaper drinks, but the convenience of having the lounge in the hotel is worth the extra buck.

Another nice touch was hearing the jazz music played throughout on the first floor. Very nice, considering it was Jazz fest weekend!

I especially enjoyed the lounge facing the dining area, with the cozy sofas, chairs and tables for lounging or reading, and there is restriction from 6am to 11am, for adults only, which I thought was a great plus! The outdoor seating is also quite nice with a open fire pit for those chilly, fall nights!

Breakfast is at a minimum in terms of what they offer, but adequate enough if you are not a big breakfast eater. I was fine with the cereals, muffins, bagels, coffee, and juice for a quick bite to eat, (the coffee was very good) but we did eat twice at Sammys Kitchen across the street; great pancakes!

There is a nice, heated indoor pool that my husband used, and an adjacent patio with hot tub.

Our room was quite spacious for a standard king! We are were pleasantly surprised by its size and there was also a small but cute balcony, that overlooked Rehoboth Avenue! Our room was cleaned daily including fresh towels.

The king bed was not the most comfortable (I am always critical of beds), but I slept fairly well, however the comfy pillows made it easier to sleep. Bathroom was clean, I just never liked hotel rooms with the sink outside of the bathroom..We will continue to chose the standard king for our future stays..Plenty of room for the two of us. We were hardly in it anyway, with so much going on around town.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay, and look forward to staying here again in 2014 for the 25th annual jazz fest!

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stay here once a year and have watched it through extensive remodeling and it keeps getting better looking. But the finest element of this hotel is the private ownership and amazing customer service. Since it's a beach hotel, to be allowed to park our car full of 'stuff' underground hours before check in is wonderful! They also have a golf cart with a super friendly driver to take you and your free chairs back and forth down the block to the beach all day. Breakfast is ok, and you are in the midst of every price and style of dining in downtown Rehoboth. Warning, if the poolside rooms get too loud from late night pool partiers, call the front desk! Even though their pool hours are until 11pm, management will ask partiers to tone it down if you let them know. You can ask for anything from these folks and they will do their best.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I must admit I was disappointed that I wasn't staying in the main building. The accommodations in the Avenue II were good, but we had to come back & forth for all amenities. Next time I will be sure to select the Main bldg. The breakfast, daily happy hour, gym and computer center were all very nice. I will stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay at Avenue main building and not Avenue II.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends