My wife and I stayed at the Avenue Inn from December 26th to 29th. We are considering Delaware as a possible retirement destination in a few years and wanted to see what the area was like in the off-season. We choose the Avenue Inn because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Our room overlooked the main street, Rehoboth Avenue.
Room: Balcony with two rocking chairs; gas fireplace; king size bed; microwave; mini-refrigerator; smallish bathroom; 80 channel cable TV. Not all rooms are similar so check the hotel’s web site for choices.
Hotel Amenities: Indoor pool; sauna; hot tub on the outside deck off the pool area (open in winter); large elevator; spa; complimentary continental breakfast with cereal, fruit, cake, etc.; complimentary wine and cheese in the lobby from 5:00pm to 7:00pm; chocolate chip cookies at 8:00pm; coffee and tea available to 11:00pm on weekends; and onsite parking in the garage below. The hotel has access to Rehoboth Avenue and to Wilmington Avenue which is actually the entrance.
Value: The hotel was running a stay three nights, pay for two special. Can’t beat that. If you go in the winter, look for specials on their web site. Considering the location and the amenities, the summer rates are in my view significantly lower than what you would expect to pay at the Jersey Shore.
Rehoboth Beach: It is one and one-half short blocks to the boardwalk which is busy even in the winter. Many shops are open all year long on the streets running down to the beach.
Restaurants: There is no restaurant on site but even in late December there are many restaurants in the area. We highly recommend the Mariachi Restaurant which opened last summer. It is on Wilmington, a short walk in the direction of the beach. The food is Spanish – Mexican. We liked it so much we ate there twice. “Prospero Ano Nuevo” to waiters Leonardo and Ricardo and co-owner Jose.
Shopping: A short ride takes you to Route 1 and the malls. At the three Tanger Outlet Malls you can find great prices and sales you would not believe. There is no sales tax in Delaware so the prices are even better.
We will be back in the summer to investigate the area further and we'll let you know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top rated hotel in Rehoboth for ten years, the staff at The Avenue continues to deliver the best hotel experience in Rehoboth Beach. With our newly renovated lobby, breakfast room, fitness room, business center, and spa in addition to our brand new lounge, no other hotel in Rehoboth offers as much at such a great value. Stay at The Avenue and see why our guests come back again and again making the hotel their own beach house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Avenue Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avenue Inn And Spa
- Avenue Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Avenue Rehoboth Beach
- Avenue Inn & Spa Rehoboth Beach, Delaware