“Nice local book store”
Review of Browseabout Books

Browseabout Books
Ranked #2 of 34 Shopping in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Nice local store to browse about. They have a limited assortment of books but also sell magazines, newspapers, cards, gifts, coffee, candy, lotions, etc. - think book store/gift shop. Centrally located right on Rehoboth Ave. about two blocks back from the beach. I have found that I can usually save substantially by purchasing books in hardcover from Amazon or Kindle. Even books on sale at this store will usually be higher priced than on-line. I, therefore, buy papers, coffee and cards at this store but prefer to get my books from the library and Amazon. I guess if you are on vacation, didn't bring a book and don't have a Kindle or an IPad, Browseabout Books might be a good option.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The book store sells not just books, but cards, knick knacks, & games. I also really like their employee picks. They have a really nice selection and the staff is very helpful.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

With so few bookstores remaining, this one is a treasure. While the children's section is a little limited, the toys are a hit. My son loved going in to check out the trucks.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Eastern European women who man the cash register are courteous. But the owner (a big, older guy) has a real attitude problem toward customers. This morning, I politely asked him a legitimate question, and he sassed me. I tried again, and he sassed me again. Wow. No excuse for that.

1  Thank Rehoboth5
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have always loved this book store. It is jam packed full with aisle upon aisle of books, gifts, cards and games. I especially enjoy the many shelves of staff picks and appreciate their committment to local authors and books which they highlight regularly in the front of the store. I noticed recently that they also stock used books which is a great choice to pick up a beach read for not much money. They always seem to be having book signings and have a regular schedule of story times and readings for kids which was a tradition for my daughter and I when she was young. The only thing that keeps this from remaning a 5 star rating for me is the fact that they took out the two comfy couches that they had in the store which I always enjoyed making use of with a cup of joe from their coffee bar while I perused books to buy. There is a reading room in one corner set up for kids and adults alike, but the straight up hard back chairs set up around two tables speak more of a place to hold a meeting than to relax and enjoy time spent lost in the experience of the place.