“Great Turkish surprise on boardwalk”

Semra's Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Semra's Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. A haven for vegetarians and meat lovers. Our specialty is our Gyros, Shawarma, Kabobs, Falafel. Plenty of salads. All food prepared fresh daily.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

After all the same old, same old food in beach towns you wouldn't expect to find actual good, authentic, foreign food. This little Turkish gyro stand actually has a whole seating area in the back and the food was so, so good. I am half Turkish and I can tell you that this food was authentic and delicious. The owner's, Semra, mom and her make a lot of the spices and yogurt in house if that tells you anything. We did not expect to have such a good experience with Turkish food on the Rehoboth boardwalk, I still can't believe we found this place. The chicken gyro salad, the lamb gyro, and the iskender were all great. Their desserts are all all homemade down to the phyllo dough! We ordered another order of baklava after we had finished the first!

There are newer reviews for Semra's Mediterranean Grill

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

While you watch the swarms of people headed to Grottos or Nicola's to face long waits and eat decent but boring food, duck in here for an experience you won't forget. The food is amazing and very reasonably priced and the service is friendly. The gyros and kabobs are all great-- you really can't go wrong.

1  Thank Rick W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Semra's Mediterranean Grill is a little-expected gem in Rehoboth. I had a vegetarian "Appetizer Combo Plate" for dinner, and it was fabulous. Each item, from hummus to falafel and everything in between was fresh, delicious and "special" in that it tasted unique (in a good way!) compared to the many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern restaurants I have visited. The owners were friendly & welcoming, the atmosphere was comfortable, interesting and relaxing. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Talirox
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Good and tasty food. Change of pace from fries and pizza. Friendly staff. I think the quantity of the main fish should be a bit more for the price. Will visit again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A VERY welcome relief from fried food, pizza, and snacks at the beach! I wandered in one evening wanting to eat something healthier and more substantial than I was getting in other local casual restaurants. I carried out a falafel sandwich that was delicious! After sampling, my family headed back in for gyro, lentil soup, more falafel, hummus and pita, dolmas, and sides. The owners/staff were more than accommodating, very kind, and seemed to make all of our food on the spot with fresh ingredients. This is a well appointed, clean, and friendly establishment with great food that is perfect for all tastes (spicy and mild). I highly recommend it, particularly if you want something fast that feels a bit more wholesome and homemade.