“Friendly service, okay food”
Review of Charcoal Grill - CLOSED

Charcoal Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A Local PlaceGood Food! Good Drinks! Good Company!
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch on the way home from Rehoboth Beach. We were interested in BBQ food and had noted the high ratings given for this restaurant. This restaurant is located on DE Highway 1 on the southbound side. After we both had a cup of black bean soup as an appetizer, my wife had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich and I had the BBQ grilled chicken. For sides, between us we had baked beans, cole slaw, sweet potato fries, and cornbread.

We thought our main entrees were okay but not of great quality. My chicken was somewhat singed at the bottom. We both agreed that we've had better BBQ elsewhere.

The side dishes were very good, however.

Service was very friendly and attentive. There were very few other patrons present at the time but we attribute it to it being on a weekday off-season.

The restaurant atmosphere is very plain but clean.

1  Thank SupermanRoSteel
There are newer reviews for Charcoal Grill

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled...while in a strip mall...this place offers a great meal at a good price. Pit beef and turkey sandwiches, platters and more. The helpings were generous. The kids meals were good sized as well. My family was very pleased with our dinner here! Good friendly service. If you are sick of all the overpriced chains, give this place a shot! They also have a small bar here as well.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I've eaten eggs benedict at probably over one hundred different restaurants and Charcoal Grill's is definately the best. They have a brunch every Sunday and I want to try out some of the other items but the eb is so good, I keep ordering that.

1  Thank Cheri H
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My husband and I discovered how great this place is and so glad...My first impression as I drove by it might be a young person's hang out and maybe not as nice as I would want to spend an evening. We have been there 4 or 5 times, and always had great food. The ribs are really good and the coleslaw one of the best at the beach. The steaks are very good and cooked to perfection. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

i am in rehoboth on business at least once a week and i try to make the charcoal grill my stop for lunch. by far the best pit beef and homemade salads i have ever tasted. also, the most friendly staff and confortable atmosphere. you will not be dissappointed!