“Passable”

Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Louie's Pizza has been a staple in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware since 1974, serving locals and tourists alike some of the best Pizza, subs and grinders on the eastern shore.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Wait staff was more concerned with their cell phones and conversations about how the guys coming in that day were all better looking than the girls. Also, over heard a lovely conversation about short skirts, drinking, partying, and chubby women while our two children were inches away. Great.

Pizza was passable...way too greasy though. Clean bathroom and convenient location. Other than the topics of conversation and the lack of engagement from the staff it was just ok. Expected better from the reviews.

1  Thank Judeluv3

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been going to Louie’s for years and unfortunately I have seen a drastic decline in everything. The food is not as good. The service is very poor and the place needs a thorough cleaning.
My last experience pretty much did it for me. The waitress got my order all wrong and she was playing with her hair and running it across her mouth and lips. She also had her head in her cell phone the entire time we were there. I would think the owner would ban cell phone usage while waiting on customers, but not here.
The bread on my sub was so dry and hard that I could have thrown it through a plate glass window. The subs used to be larger and filled to the brim. Now the bread is hard, tasteless and they’re half filled. The pizza has even changed and you can get better pizza elsewhere.
The restaurant also needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Tables were dirty and sticky, there was something on my glass as well which I sent back.
If you’re on a budget and don’t care about service and the quality of the food then you’ll be happy here. Apparently, I must be missing something because for some odd reason people like this place.

2  Thank buchanan913
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I live in PA and I will drive down to Louie's Pizza just yo eat. Everything I have tried there is good. I have been eating at Louie's for 42 years. And I keep coming back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been going here since the early eighties. Kinda feel like I grew up with some of the staff. It says something if I've been going back for thirty do years.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is the best pizza, cheese steak grinders hands down!! I have been going here since I was a kid and now I continue the tradition with my wife and kids!