“OUTSTANDING FIND IN REHOBOTH BEACH”
Review of Planet X Cafe - CLOSED

Planet X Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Massapequa, New York
“OUTSTANDING FIND IN REHOBOTH BEACH”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We walked past Planet X on our way to The Oyster House, which was recommended by the hotel concierge. My daughter and I both commented that we liked the look of the restaurant, but we continued on our way to the recommended Oyster House. When we arrived there was a wait of 90 minutes and the seating looked crowded and cramped. We did not wait and it was the best decision of our trip. We went to Planet X and opted to sit inside rather than on the porch. I would have described the décor as shabby chic, but my daughter corrected and said it was Indie. The menu seemed a little out of our comfort zone, but we went with it. WOW! Everything we ordered was outstanding. My husband and I both had filet of beef and each bite was perfectly cooked, seasoned and practically melted in our mouths. The potatoes were also fabulous. One daughter had a vegetarian pasta dish which she described as the best meal she has had in quite some time. Our other daughter had a smoked salmon quesadilla. She went in saying she wasn't hungry but ate every last bite. The drinks we had were also incredible. I had one made with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice which was so good. Unfortunately, this is the last season for Planet X. Due to parking problems in the area, the hotel next door bought the property and is demolishing the premises to build a parking lot. How sad!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank deedeelongisland

“Planet Unique”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have walked by Planet X many times and wondered but never went in. My mistaken impression was it is a vegetarian restaurant. Wrong! Offerings include beef and seafood dishes. I dined alone on the porch. It was a quiet night. Only two other tables were occupied. My server, Audrey, was friendly and chatty, answered my questions about some of the items on the menu with which I was not familiar. It was restaurant week, three courses for $30. That seemed like too much for me, so I opted for the fish special, panko-encrusted barramundi with risotto and asparagus. The barrramundi was exceptional, the risotto tasty and enjoyable. Wine selection is good. Did not have room for dessert. Maybe next time. Overall, it was a pleasant and unique dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food in a funky atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great little cafe with a tasty local menu. The hostess wasn't particularly friendly but our server certainly was. Shared an appetizer (hummus) with my husband, and then we each had an entree (salmon for me, crab cakes for my husband). Everything tasted very fresh and was surprisingly rich (lots of yummy butter and cream) so, unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. Maybe next time!

Visited May 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great meal”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is an electric spot with some of the best food! Great porch seating and excellent service. The dress is casual and the drinks are quite interesting.

• Visited May 2014
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Food was delicious compared to what was offered at Ave Inn & Spa... Also got me a Rehoboth Tshirt :D

Visited May 2014