“Fun Great service”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York
“Fun Great service”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We took our 17 year old son in here with friends, it was his first visit and they really made him feel special. they signed a shirt for him and all the girls took a picture with him, they are respectful and very kind and the service was right on. The crab legs were fresh and very sweet and my husband enjoyed the clams.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank pamknl

Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“Cold Food, Dirty Plates”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My teenage godson had to go here with me while on vacation--a few years ago we had gone to another one and I bought him a shirt after his dad said no, all in fun, but he remembers it well and laughs about it. So, off we went last night to Hooters.

With my expectations at nearly zero, I figured there was only one way to go, up! Not really. Our server was very nice, the place was no dirtier than any other Hooters I have ever been in. It was a bit warm in there even though they weren't busy and they had portable AC units in the bathrooms and by the entrance area to the bathrooms. Unusual.

Being a craft beer nut, I figured we wouldn't get anything great and settled for a reliable Guinness. We ordered their Tater Tots as an app for four of us. 8 bucks for 6 ounces of tater tots, a tablespoon of sour cream and a few spring onion rings. Now there is a profitable item! They were warm, not hot. We also ordered the fried dill pickle chips which were hot, and not too bad tasting and I really liked the spicy dip that came with them. We had to ask for silverware, I don't know why, but she also didn't give silverware to our other table (there were ten of us at two tables--parents table and our barely twenty something children at another). We also had to ask for plates. I use silverware and plates to eat, I am civilized. But, we got our plates and they were nice and dirty with water and food all over them. We got our food in a reasonable amount of time, but the wings were cold and lifeless and the ladies got the chili dogs which were still the same temperature as the cooler. So, we sent back the dogs. They were returned a few minutes later no warmer than when they left. Either that kitchen is freezing cold and has no heat lamp to keep the food warm while waiting for the server or the cooking equipment is faulty. The floor manager came by to see if things were ok, but he was disappointed. I ordered another Guinness and the server took my glass that still had an inch or so of beer in it--I stopped her and she said some people don't want to drink the last of their beer. Really? Nice try, though. The restaurant is cutting corners everywhere possible. Not handing out silverware--don't lose it and don't have to wash it. They also don't provide plates unless you ask for them--no loss or breakage and no washing. Did I mention our bleu cheese dressing and ranch dressing were watered down? Yeah, the dressing was so thin that it wouldn't stick to the celery at all. The wings had almost none of the tasteless, spiceless sauce they were supposed to have. I know it is Hooters, but come on wings and fries are pretty darn simple and pretty tough to mess up.

To the management, yes we left about a 25% tip--not for the service or food, it is just the way the guy we were with does things. I would have left about 10%. So, please don't take the tip amount as a measure of our satisfaction. I will go to a Hooters again if my teenage godson wants to go, but never on my own initiation.

• Visited July 2012
Florida
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Hooters is Hooters, you seen one you seen me all. The young girls are pretty and scantily dressed, the upstairs location a busy corner is nice, but the food sucks and the beer is just the usual fizzy water from mega-breweries. The "Hooters" are nice to look at but not nice enough for me to recommend this place - just skip it, there are lots of great restaurants in Rehoboth.

Visited July 2012
Mts of western NC
“Excellent wings & friendly server but a/c non-existent”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This could have been a 5 star rating but the a/c was not working well at all on a 90 degree day. It was HOT in there! The servers seemed to take the heat in stride and remained friendly and professional through the ordeal. The wings were just delicious and the drinks nice and cold. For those planning a visit make sure the a/c has been fixed if you are going on a hot day. It could ruin your visit if not in the mood for additional heat.

• Visited June 2012
Millsboro, Delaware
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have tried their chicken wings and they are one of the bets around.