“Make canned soup at home; bottled pasta sauce too”
Review of Ristorante Zebra

Ristorante Zebra
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Zebra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my fourth trip to Zebra in the last few years: two good experiences and two bad. It's got a great location in town and lovely rooms in an old house. The staff greeted us warmly and except for our waiter were attentive throughout. Based on our experience last night I won't go back. The noise in the restaurant was overwhelming, impossible to carry on a conversation among our party of six. Our waiter's poor English skills and the fact that he stopped to greet each patron who passed the table meant that 2 of our 6 orders were wrong (wrong food) and had to be sent back for replacement. The special soup of heirloom tomatoes and roasted red peppers with Gorgonzola was highly suggestive of canned soup, as disappointing as it was unimpressive. My veal and our friend's steak was cooked very nicely as were the vegetable sides. But the pasta served to others was just bad. The pomodoro might as well have been noodles in soup with cheese piled on top. There is an inexpensive Italian restaurant at the corner of Baltimore and First where we would have had a far better meal. Restaurants in Rehoboth are generally over priced for what you get. Zebra does not disappoint on that point.

2  Thank Zorro98
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Zebra

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I made our reservations 2 weeks prior to our last night in Rehoboth. Our reservations were for 8 PM but due the weather we arrived 45 minutes early, we were not able to be seated so we relaxed at the bar over drinks until our table was ready. They seated us in the middle of the room on a table no bigger than a snack tray as we dodged every waiter and waitress going by. The room was loud but it was not until they sat a party of 3 large tables primarily children did the room become so out of control it was deafening. Out waitress had absolutely no personality and could of cared less whether we were happy or not. I went to the hostess and complained that the room was an absolute zoo, my meal was sitting in my throat and if I wanted that type of atmosphere I would of ate on the boardwalk at a pizzeria. They made no attempt what so ever to rectify the situation so we paid our bill and left our meals that were barely touched. My advice, think twice before you pay this exuberant price for a restaurant that really is only concerned in packing them in and not creating a dining experience.

1  Thank Vicky F
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

My family has visited this restaurant regularly since it opened and it is no longer the elegant place it once was While the porch is charming and interior is attractive, service is inattentive and the food is average. All very disappointing at such high prices.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying at. We went here with kids, and it was not very kid friendly at all. The service was very bad as they got one person's order completely wrong. I ordered the Pasta Bolognese and they gave me the small half size. It was decent, but I have had much better pasta before. The portions were also pretty small too. I would not recommend this place, unless you want to get decent Italian food, and expect terrible service.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Rehoboth Beach,Delaware is known as a beach town with a number of good restaurants. At the very top of the list is Ristorante Zebra on Lake Street. Presided over by its exhuberant maitre d', Roberto, the restaurant offers a menu of outstanding quality. Appetizers, salads,
pasta dishes (appetizer or entree sized), and meat, poultry, and fish entrees are simply exceptional. Each night during the season, a special listing is offered in addition to the regular menu. The pastas are all superb. The salads are vibrant with fresh ingredients from the local farrmers. Roberto takes special pride in the meat selections which are acquired from very high end providers. The fish is fresh.
The wine list is also quite good and prices are not unreasonable. The bar is always staffed with first rate mixologists.
We enthusiastically recommend Ristorante Zebra.