“Pleasantly Surprised”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Hockessin, Delaware
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We only came here because other restaurants were full, as we hadn't been fond of the old Captains Table. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, lobster mac and cheese had tons of lobster, smoked salmon salad was delicious. Decor still needs some work and service was somewhat slow but easy parking and good food will bring us back again.

• Visited August 2013

richmond
“New restaurant.....Taproom .....so wonderful.....will be back!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Just had the most amazing dinner! Husband had the halibut and could not say enough about it. My buttery salad was so inventive/fresh and like no other salad I've ever had -not your usual for sure and so fresh. Oyster stew with the biggest, plumpest, freshest oysters you can imagine...and lots of them. So very happy to see such wonderful food in the "forgotten mile."

Rockville, Maryland
“Nice try -but not all that nice”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Went for lunch. Sandwiches are thin on meat and the meats are too salty.Fries served cold and not what were described on the menu. Place was almost empty and maybe the quality of the sandwiches was the reason. Hopefully, they will realize that they need to add another slice of meat for the price they are charging and maybe they will get more customers.

1 Thank TomWall60
Middletown, Pennsylvania
“New Name, New Menu”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Now known as the Taproom Table, the menu has been revised by a new chef with more sophisticated, albeit pricier, choices. I had the Beer Battered Halibut which was beautifully prepared and very tasty. My wife chose and enjoyed a seafood special. Although there are fewer menu options than previously, there is still something for those with more mature taste buds and those who are rather picky. Our waitress checked on us frequently and made us feel very welcome. Still a nice place to relax and enjoy a good dinner at the beach!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MiddletownDave
Oslo, Norway
“Pricy, but well worth it”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

At the age of late 60ties, we felt like youngster entering the restaurant. It was filled to the brim-sole marker with old age, probably not the less affluent ones.

We asked for a table at the window which was nice. As there were many arrivals just before us, we had to wait a bit for the food. My wife chose a salad and I chose Rib-eye.

The attendants were very observant and there were plenty around. The owner, a young woman, - stopped in at peak of service to help out. She also came to our table for a short “checkup” on her “clients”.

I was destined to end up in the restaurant business, but “misfortune” brought me into the tricks and treats of finance. When I watch a well run “joint”, - it tends to warm my heart. It is business, but it should be run the way that customers return again, and again.

We decided to stay two days our our hotel next door instead of one, just to have another go at the menu. The food was that good. The last time I enjoyed such a delicious meal was at the Anasazi Restaurant in Santa Fe - 2 years ago. It is a good thing I do not live at Rehoboth Beach. I would have put on even more weight!