“Great Value”

Stoney Lonen
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday night....had the onion rings, fish and chips and crab cakes. Portions were huge, food was tasty and hot! Crab cakes were broiled and served with asparagus. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed in Rehobeth Beach at the Bellmoor Hotel and the Stoney Lonen was just across the street. It was still Happy Hour so we decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. Martinis were $5 and all appetizers were half price or $5 (can't remember which). We had the absolute best steamed mussels - they were so fresh and in a delicious broth. Our waitress said she would bring extra bread and she was right. We couldn't get enough of the broth and happily dipped away.

We both had the crab cakes - what's a trip to that area without crab cakes! They were the special of the night and did not disappoint us at all.

My husband had a "flight" of Irish whiskey - who would think that the portions were more than mere sips and all 3 were fun to compare and look up on Google. I had a Martini made just right.

Most of all we enjoyed our waitress - who I think was named Alice. She was absolutely terrific and very helpful. Her sense of humor was most enjoyable and as we were walking past the restaurant the next night, she saw us and gave us a wave. How great is that!!!

We were there just before the Memorial Day weekend so we were lucky that the crowds had not yet arrived. I have no doubt this will be a popular place during the season as it should be.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had some friends just rave about the Friday Specials and my wife and I thought we would give Stoney Lonen a try. Now it was still off season but we were surpised at the number of people in the restaurant at 5:45. We were seated right away. Our server was super attentive and back with drink orders in probably less than three minutes.......now that is service. In spite of working several tables the server was extremely personable and took the time to explain the specials. Since the recommendation was for the fish and chips I went that route. Now I don't like "fishy" fish, if that makes sense. The fish came as almost a tempura style coating and was in an ample portion....the fries just fries.
Since I have been visiting, vacationing and working in Rehoboth since the 1970's, I've eaten in dozens of restaurants. Was Stoney Lonen the best restaurant....no. However, you have a clean facility, with ample tasty portions, decent prices, and very friendly staff. Picking a restaurant at the beach can be the luck of the draw but I don't think you can go wrong with Stoney Lonen. The place doesn't try to be something it isn't.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is a sweet place off the main road at Rehobeth. An Irish pub. I was dining by myself and wanted good food and to feel comfortable. I got both. The flat iron steak was very nice. My server was excellent. I will be back!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've been living in Ocean View DE for over three years and have gone to Stoney Lonen many times including before moving to the beach. My wife and I usually eat at the bar and have made some good friends. Friday is our favorite for the fish and chips special, seared Ahi seared tuna and a vodka martini or two, but especially for the company of Chester, Arleen, Brian, Rita and John and Gail. All great folks.

1  Thank Bill R