“Ok place to rent a bike”
Review of Atlantic cycles

Atlantic cycles
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We've rented here for the past two years and it's been fine. The bikes are OK and the price is reasonable. Nothing special.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Every year my wife and I decide to avoid the parking passes for the town of Rehoboth by getting a tandem bike. When one breaks down the pricing, it is on par (or cheaper) than having a parking pass for one week. It's also easier to access places via cycling.

I must say that the last two years have been our least appealing. This year we again rented a tandem for the entire week. I must say that the tandems have always worked quite well, so it's not the bike itself that is the issue.

This year we were not given a rear bike light (which is required to ride at night), but luckily I'm a cyclist who works in a bike shop and I always have a couple on hand. Also, we were not given a computer, which we've always had.

The least desirable exchange came when returning the bike. Because of the hurricane coming for Rehoboth, we decided to return the bike early. I stood outside for a brief time and had someone get behind me in line to return his bike. The young man came out and began helping the person who was behind me first. No big deal, maybe he just helped the first person he made eye contact with. When asked if there was some sort of rebate for returning the bike early (not five minutes or so, mind you), the young man said, "You brought it back just a little bit early." We brought it back two days early to avoid having to ride it through potential rain.

I will say that if you can work with the owner, he will take care of you. He had taken care of us for several years prior to last year. I think next year we'll check out another bike rental location or bring our own tandem down instead of taking the risk of dealing with the same young men who worked the place this year.

1  Thank CJRowan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When we used to go to Ocean City, the one thing we would always do was rent a surrey cab bike and ride on the boardwalk so when we came to Rehoboth, we definitely wanted to do that. Atlantic Cycle is about a block off the boardwalk and was really close to our hotel so we rented from them twice during our stay and both times the staff members were very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

The prices for the rentals were about average. It was $20 to rent the surrey for an hour which is the same as in Ocean City. The surrey bike itself was very comfortable and the gears were greased for an easy ride. They also provided my 2 year old a helmet and custom fitted it for her. Will definitely be back again!

1  Thank Olivia S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The surrey bike was a lot of fun for my 2 year old daughter and my wife. We pedaled up and down the boardwalk for about an hour and also the side-streets. Pedaling was hard like going up a hill. Perhaps the break was engaged partially. I recommend for a family. We rented it twice in out stay and we are looking forward for next year. Cost was $20.00 per hour.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lou was awesome. Grabbed our bikes, took a nice ride and dropped them back off, no fuss. Will use them again for sure!