See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Our personal experience has always been pleasant in the 4 years we have stayed at Summer Place Hotel. You cant get a better place to stay this close to the beach for the price and hospitality. The parking is very easy at 5 dollars a day and your car is right outside your door. Only 1 block from beach and 1.5 blocks from rehoboth ave.

Room tip: specify your wants in the reservation email and Dan will be happy to accomadate you. I would recommend the second floor.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zachary k
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I read the reviews before we ventured out to Rehobeth and must say that it made me a bit nervous. Lesson learned- don't let one person's horrible experience determine yours. Our experience was extremely pleasant. It's not luxury, but who needs that at the beach? Rooms were clean, a bit small, but perfect for our needs. This beach house is located in the heart of the town and everything is within walking distance.. Who could ask for more. When I was getting my complimentary coffee, I had the pleasure of conversation w/ the owner.. He really is a nice guy. Would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

After all the reviews I read, I was really worried about what I would find. This was a last minute trip and everything on/near the beach was booked, so I took the plunge. With such low rates, you have to go in with the expectation that you are staying at a motel, not a hotel. My king size room met this expectation. The room was clean, no stains on the bed sheets and no bugs. The size of the room was small, but it met it's purpose. Bathroom was clean, the AC unit in the room worked, tv worked, and the mini fridge worked. I came to Rehoboth Beach to spend time at the beach, not the hotel so I didn't mind staying here. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, then don't stay here. This is a motel so don't expect anything fancy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

It has been a while since I was at that dirty hotel and the reason why I waited so long is because I couldn't remember the name. However after looking at some reviews, I see nothing has changed. First the hotel is dirty, smelly, bug infested and the front desk keeper is not only rude, but unconerned about any thing but payment for the room. This is the worst at the beach. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ROACH MOTEL

Room tip: The rooms are all dirty!!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank RAH44
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

It was a Saturday night stay. Second week of june. High season. We arrived at the lobby, it looked shady, nobody at the desk. There was an old piano there, old coach from junk yard and some other junk around. The lobby wasn't inviting.
Finally, after we rang the bell three times, a man showed up with naked torso! Whatever! (I'm not even mentioning the level of professionalism here). He charged us $5 room key deposit and said we stayed upstairs. Oh man, how dreadful we felt when we arrived there...
It was a room about 10x10 sq ft with a california king bed taking up all the space. The air conditioner had a broken frame but worked..fridge was unplugged but worked.
Upon bed inspection, the quilted spread was dirty, and NO sheet underneath. All the bedding sheets used to be white but now showed a grayish tint and stains all over.
Furniture was old, stained, and the only "updates" were the black lamp still in original store packaging (see pic) and flat tv.

The bathroom. Absolutely disgusting.
Towels had blood stains (see pic), shower cabin was a tiny square, and we found a creature on the floor ( see pic)...
The door is really easy to kick in, the lock is unreliable.
Some crazy people were banging at neighbors door at 6am, so forget about decent sleep.

And we got all this "luxury" for a meager $200 a night, who would have thought??

My advise: Stay as far away as you can. Better sleep in the car.

3  Thank Mashechka