Booked this hotel through American Express Travel. I figured I was getting a great deal because it was the off season and I was booking a one night stay. I couldn't have been more wrong ; $7 would have been too much for this hole.
We were greeted in the cluttered lobby and the clerk explained that they were "rearranging some things" After we were handed the keys and made our way down the hall to our room, we opened the door only to find complete disappointment waiting on the other side. The king bed was shoehorned into the room, leaving about 18 inches all around to navigate. No closet, only wire shelves along one wall. We turned back to the door and that's when we noticed the substantial build up of MOLD in the corners. Not a little, or a spot, but floor to ceiling around the door frame. There was also mold around both sides of the door to the tiny unkempt bathroom, on the bathroom walls, and in the stand-up shower stall (no tub here). There was also mold creeping along the wall to that wire shelf where, sadly, the extra blanket was kept. We stayed about 4 minutes in the room and when we walked back to the lobby to complain we found that no one was there. Not in the lobby, not in the office, not on the front porch. No clerk or management (I assume that's the same person anyway). We re-packed our car and called AMEX to complain about the supposed 3 star accommodations. Helpful as they were, they had no luck reaching the hotel at three different numbers, so we booked 5 miles down the highway and fled from this monstrosity. The next morning we find that the hotel tacked on about $15 to what they told me was a "paid in full" stay - waiting for my charge to post so I can dispute the charges from this disgustingly misrepresented "hotel". Please take a look at the photos, they will clearly show that, if anything, I have understated the deplorable conditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable guest house style hotel room-located on the Ocean Block of Rehoboth Beach -offers 23 rooms- relatively new- clean- private bath- cable television- telephone- microwave- air conditioning- heat- and refrigerator- Rooms accomodate two or three- with either one king bed- one double bed- two twins or double plus a twin bed- Cots available upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Summer Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Place Rehoboth Beach
- Hotel Summer Place
- Summer Place Hotel Rehoboth Beach, Delaware