“Not great.”
Review of Summer Place Hotel

Summer Place Hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Summer Place Hotel is the epitome of "you get what you pay for". Overall, I was unsatisfied with my experience. It's dirty, impersonal, noisy, and unsafe to put it lightly. There were stains on the bed sheets, dirty engrossed within the bathroom, and dried food in the microwave. The walls are paper thin, making it more than easy to hear almost every conversation going on in the other rooms. The door to the room I stayed in didn't shut unless you body-slammed it and dead bolted it - which even then didn't give you a sense of safety. The maid service was poor to terrible as well. Going to the beach entails sandy floors and one would assume that by requesting "maid service" the sand would be even relatively vacuumed up however that's not the case. The beds weren't made, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and the bathroom wasn't cleaned. All that was done was "clean" towels were placed within the bathroom. The main door within the hotel was constantly opening and closing (playing a loud bell) at all hours of the night. In the morning, the caretaker was never available and the bell at the front desk was constantly being rung. While there are few redeemable characteristics, they are there. It's one block from the beach and a couple of blocks from the main street of Rehoboth. Just because the price is lowered doesn't mean the service needs to be lowered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chloe S

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at Summer Place Hotel over Memorial Day weekend. We had been to Rehoboth before, and didnt want to be far from the main area. The location is great, being only few blocks to the beach and to the main street. The hotel itself was small and you can hear your neighbors, but for the price it was reasonable. The owner/ front desk dude was really nice and helpful and has some cool memorabilia in the lobby area. All in all, I think we will be back!

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or pool located at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherylCC227
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I gave this hotel all 5 because they did an excellent job on making their hotel the worse hotel and I do me the worse. Cleanliness there was old food in the cabinet and the dishes that was expected to be used was horrible. The location of my room was disgusting there was old rusted lawn furniture tucked out of site in the bushes. We had kids running up and down the room/ apt above us this was all night than early morning. Now as for the room if you actually read this rave review. I was supposed to sleep 4 there was a so called futon in the livingroom it was broken and had two futon mattress on it you couldn't sit on it as a couch sleeping on it sucked the bedroom or walk in closet whichever you chose to call it that bed look like it was used by the hr like the futon...now for the closing best thing there is no refunds so when I had to leave a day early I lost my money...plus get this YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PARK THERE. I couldn't get over that plus it wasn't like my truck was in a goo place it was on a pad in front of the house behind the sidewalk with another car parked behind me..so yea the are the best at being the worse place ever.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank pretty1969
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We've stayed here before and always been pleased. It looks like some recent upgrades have been made and Dan has professional housekeeping done now. Close to the boardwalk, restaraunts and night life. We love this place! Thanks Dan

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ashncolesmom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booked this hotel through American Express Travel. I figured I was getting a great deal because it was the off season and I was booking a one night stay. I couldn't have been more wrong ; $7 would have been too much for this hole.
We were greeted in the cluttered lobby and the clerk explained that they were "rearranging some things" After we were handed the keys and made our way down the hall to our room, we opened the door only to find complete disappointment waiting on the other side. The king bed was shoehorned into the room, leaving about 18 inches all around to navigate. No closet, only wire shelves along one wall. We turned back to the door and that's when we noticed the substantial build up of MOLD in the corners. Not a little, or a spot, but floor to ceiling around the door frame. There was also mold around both sides of the door to the tiny unkempt bathroom, on the bathroom walls, and in the stand-up shower stall (no tub here). There was also mold creeping along the wall to that wire shelf where, sadly, the extra blanket was kept. We stayed about 4 minutes in the room and when we walked back to the lobby to complain we found that no one was there. Not in the lobby, not in the office, not on the front porch. No clerk or management (I assume that's the same person anyway). We re-packed our car and called AMEX to complain about the supposed 3 star accommodations. Helpful as they were, they had no luck reaching the hotel at three different numbers, so we booked 5 miles down the highway and fled from this monstrosity. The next morning we find that the hotel tacked on about $15 to what they told me was a "paid in full" stay - waiting for my charge to post so I can dispute the charges from this disgustingly misrepresented "hotel". Please take a look at the photos, they will clearly show that, if anything, I have understated the deplorable conditions.

Room Tip: Rooms at any property in Rehoboth Beach are better than this. If this is the only room available, c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Harold B
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I've been there for one week in room 23 with 2 friends of mine. Everything was great! Low price=good quality. 3 minutes walk to beach. I think lowest prices in Rehoboth. Nice owner - Dan.
We enjoyed it, thanks Dan!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you are frugal and conservative with your finances - as I am, then this is the place in Rehoboth Beach to stay. It's only one block away from the beach and within walking distance from shops and restaurants. There is no price comparison for this location! Staff and management are friendly and accommodating. Although the rooms are not so spacious, they do have all of the amenities of the "chain hotels". (mini fridge, a/c, microwave, table & chairs) If you need parking that can be accommodated with a parking permit on the street, if all of the spaces are full in the hotel parking lot. I definitely will be returning, as this hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo