“LAST MINUTE TRIP...NO RESERVATIONS”
Review of Summer Place Hotel

Summer Place Hotel
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to leave Virginia on a whim and found this hotel and two other hotels asking $450 per night:/ we were a bit hesitant staying at Summer Place after reading reviews but we gave it a try...what's two nights? We arrived and the triathlon guy was accomodating and quickly checked us in. Our room was small but clean. We didn't go to Rehoboth to sit in the room so off to the beach we went. No parking issues for us, beach was a jump skip and a hop. Restaurants, bars and shops were all very close by. We would crash here again. BTW: We did not receive 10% discount for writing this review.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Clara B

Reviewed 9 August 2014

For anybody reading the reviews on this hotel - the first thing you see when you walk into the lobby is a sign that offers a 10% discount on a future stay to anybody who writes a positive review online. So please take the positive reviews with a grain of salt.

I would go on to write a scathing review of this awful, awful dump of a "hotel," but all the preceding reviews have already done a great job covering that, and I don't have the energy to detail every complaint I had. Everything they have said - filthy, cramped, disgusting - is all true. I would rather sleep outside on the sidewalk than stay in the Summer Place ever again. Oh, one detail that I haven't seen mentioned in the other reviews yet - the hotel dries the towels and sheets on a clothesline (see the attached pictures for proof). Glad to know that my linens have been outside exposed to bugs, dirt, and who knows what else.

Do not stay here under any circumstance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank balletisfun
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Dirty lobby, dirty, small and cramped rooms. While close to the beach, the rooms are so bad that you may wind up wanting to sleep at the beach. Terrible price for what you get. This should not even be called a "hotel." It is more like an expensive homeless shelter.

Room Tip: Perhaps some of the rooms have an AC unit not held into the wall by duct tape.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim568
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Made last minute plans for beach getaway and A Summer Place was the right spot.
Perfect location, walking distance to everything this town has to offer!
The room was small, but clean and cozy, had everything we needed!
Included a parking pass, spots were close by. The owner was readily available
with recommendations for dining out, and nightlife. I would certainly stay here
again, hope to get back this summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Loved this place! Great location to get to beach, shops, dining, etc. the rooms were small, but very clean and well maintained Staff was super friendly and personable. I am Definately gonna try to stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Persiakitty
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are looking for the cheapest place to stay this is it. However, this place is disgusting. I stayed for two days and the room was awful. It was incredibly small (less than a foot between bed and window, bed and bathroom). The comforter was dirty. There was a hole in the wall that bugs crawled out of. The room smelled of mold. The room was right by the front door and when someone entered to exited my daughter woke up. There were black stains on the towels I had to ask to have tv and have the fridge plugged in as there weren't enough outlets. I mentioned the problems with the room to the (creepy, topless) owner. he informed me there were no other rooms...despite the vacancy sign on the door. We brought our own blankets and pillows, but I wish we brought bath towels as well. Finally, the "maid" did not clean the floors in the room so there were many days worth of sand on the floor when we arrived, and we only added to it. There are plenty of other places that may be further from the boardwalk but it is better to feel safe and clean that be cheap, in my opinion!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Katherine A
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This "summer place" is a block away from the beach, the boardwalk and all the shops. While the room was small, it had everything that was essential and it was very clean. I stayed there in July while I was visiting my daughter, who is a RBP lifeguard, and it was great to be so close to everything. A nice bonus was the parking pass that was available which made life easier. And the owner is a wealth of information about the area! I would stay there again...and plan to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family