My husband and I were so excited to stay at Canalside Inn next week! Initially, when we booked the four days I was told that I was going to have to lose the money as I am active-duty military and as it turned out would be on mission. I called the establishment and tried to get out of the dates but was told several times that I would be unable to get a refund as I had purchased the best rate. I was also told that the owner Steve, would call me to discuss the situation, of which he never did. This was on May 8th. I then worked it out with my leadership to be able to take leave so my husband and I were looking forward to the trip.
Just yesterday we happened to notice as we were looking at our American Express statement that without contacting us they decided to refund our stay. I immediately contacted them and ended up speaking to Steve the owner. I was shocked at the way he treated me. He told me that he was thumbing through old papers and found some paperwork that said they had canceled our room and realized we hadn't been credited the money for the rooms. He said that the note said I had been deployed, of which I never said, and he thought he had better cancel our stay. He canceled it without contacting us at all, without any communication!
We would have driven there and had no where to stay! He then made no attempt to help us find another place. He did however inform me that they were sold out and there was nothing he could do. He said "Sorry, I don't know what to tell you." I asked him at the very least can you find us a comparable place to stay, one in cost and comfort. He said "yes I can, I will call you back in five minutes." He did call back with a place that cost twice as much and scored 2 stars on both yelp and trip advisor...I think not. Our friends who frequent Rehoboth told us the place is a dump.
Needless to say, Steve, you need to take a class on customer service. Not only did we lose our room and you lose our respect but he also lost our friends business as they called and canceled their room as well. All of us assume that he just wanted to make more money by canceling our "Best rate" and reselling at full price. Steve, I hope you are happy that you made a little extra money and in the process lost several future customers. You are the epitome of the lowest of the low.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Often referred to as The Nation’s Summer Capital, the beautiful Rehoboth Beach offers friendly hospitality partnered with a relaxed pace. When you’re looking for a place to stay in Rehoboth there is no better place than at Canalside Inn. Canalside Inn offers a contemporary boutique style inn exclusively for adults. Canalside Inn offers our guests a casual and contemporary boutique-style inn, which stands out as a cut above the ordinary. Sophistication, style, and affordability are how our guests often describe our inn. Conveniently nestled across from the picturesque Lewes-Rehoboth Canal, Canalside Inn is just a short walk from the center of town, the boardwalk, or the beach. The best way to start your day is with our complimentary Continental Breakfast featuring juice, freshly brewed coffee, tea, yogurt, fresh fruit, and a tempting assortment of muffins served daily in our downstairs living room. Feel free to enjoy your breakfast at our community dining table, poolside, on the front porch, or the privacy of your room. It is our goal at Canalside Inn is to provide a relaxed atmosphere and causal environment for every one of our guests and we are more than happy to aid you in any way during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Canalside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Beach, Delaware