“Quiet and Comfortable”
Review of Canalside Inn

Canalside Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The owners (and the hotel cat!) were very friendly, the hotel was spotless and quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the hot tub was nice. The location was close enough to the beach that it was walkable but far enough away to avoid crowds and noise. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My date of stay was June 2012
My partner & I had a great experience here. We were going to bring our dog, a 50lb pit mix (they did not as the breed), but changed out minds. When we got there the man who checked us in was very nice and gave us our pet fee back without a problem. Our room was great the whole time, so no complaints there. I love the Buddhist/Zen/Modern theme throughout the inn. It was over 90 degrees every day so we really enjoyed the small pool on the deck, and the hot tub too. No one else was down by the pool when we were, so it was really nice to swim and lay out. One of my favorite things is the free bike rental they provide. We took out bikes multiple times a day and they had no problem with us doing that. Great location to bike around the neighborhoods, to the beach, & on Rehoboth ave. If you bring your dog, this inn is in a great location to walk your dog in the grassy area along the canal. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't say anything about that but we did go into the room it is served in, and the room looked nice, I think they may of had some treats and coffee sitting out for the guests later in the day too. This inn was very low-key and not crowded while we were there, and it kind of felt like a B&B which is nice. This inn is costly compared to some others in the area / on Rehoboth ave, but it is way more modern, nicer, cleaner, has a small pool & hot tub on a nice deck, and the pet fee is very low - if you are looking for a nice place, this is worth it.

Room Tip: Even the cheapest double bed rooms were really nice, and pretty big.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have mostly good things to say about the Canalside Inn. The rooms and décor are really nice - modern, clean, etc. I really enjoyed our room. It was very quiet, I did not once hear another person in the hotel, even though there was no vacancy the whole time we were there. There was a very small pool and nice hot tub in the back.

I have a few small complaints. The man at the front desk (I assume was one of the owners) was not very friendly. He wasn't rude but just not what I'm used to. When we checked out, normally you get asked how your stay was, was everything to your expectations, etc. Nope - I told him we were checking out and all he said was "you're good to go" and left the desk. Not a thank you or anything. The bathroom in our room was small. But I liked the old fashioned look of the sink. I honestly have to say the shower was the worst shower I have ever had to shower in. It was very clean but there was no water pressure whatsoever. It took me forever to rinse off the sand from the beach. And it would go from hot to cold, back and forth.

This hotel is pet friendly. There was a cat sitting at the front door when we arrived - very cute. And we saw other guests with dogs. It is in a nice area. It's about half a mile walk from restaurants and bars and probably a little under a mile from the beach. We didn't mind walking though. I would suggest that this place is best for couples. I would stay somewhere else if you have kids or you're looking for a rowdy time, the place is too quiet to handle that. We actually felt like we had to whisper most of the time while walking through the hall.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed in the middle of May. I was very impressed with the place. It was quiet and clean. The room was brightly painted. The decor and ambiance was great. The owners were away but the lady they had working there was wonderful. They have a large room with two tvs and sofas so you can sit and relax. The bed was comfortable. We loved the walk in shower. I loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch an occassional boat floating down the canal. I didn't mind the walk to the beach but if you don't like walking you may want to drive. The best part of all.....It's geared towards adults. There were not any kids running around so we had peace and quiet. Will definately return for another stay.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the canal side. It's a better view if you don't want to just look at houses.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I just spent 5 nights here. It is a very clean Inn located in a quiet area within walking distance of all things Rehoboth. There is a nice continental breakfast provided making it easy to get the day started stress free. We highly recommend staying here for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We had a smaller end room but it provided plenty of space for everything. There is a communal TV lou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This small B&B is a gem. The staff are cool, attentive people who just happen to know that people who dogs like to take them along on trips. Also, rooms are spacious so dogs don't feel that they're in the way all the time. Bikes & beach chairs are at your disposal. There is also a dog-friendly stretch of beach about 10 blocks away. There's a private, tiny pool and jaccuzi, perfect for winding down after a hot day on the sand & in the waves.

Room Tip: room in the back are quieter and there's a side staircase, so you're not always trooping thr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

First off... we get to the hotel which my girlfriends and I had booked months in advanced. We told them the number of people prior to the vacation. Once we arrived, they were very rude and said we had "an extra person", which we did not. He said we then were not allowed to eat the "free" continental breakfast that appears on their website.

We come back from a long day at the beach. The room WAS NOT cleaned or even touched by the maid. I went to ask them about it. The man said " I told you that you have to put a sign out for your room to be cleaned " (he did not)....Then he proceeded to say " Well, you guys were to busy running your [--] mouths to hear me"

I told him, I would "run my [--] mouth on trip advisor".

He called me the next day to apologize but it was very back handed and rude, he told me I could eat the "free" continental breakfast. Ummm.. thanks buddy. I don't want your stale muffins anyway.

His partner was very embarrassed by his unprofessional attitude. I am reporting him to better business's

DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS MAN IS HORRIBLE. He should not be in the tourism business.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends