I have been to several B&B's over the years so I have had some experience with this type of accomodation. I will break my review into the different aspects of our stay at Canalside Inn. I stayed with a friend for 4 nights during July 2014.
Hosts- I am not sure why some people write bad reviews regarding the hosts. We found them to be OK. Not overly friendly but not rude either. We got a chuckle out of the fact that the three different hosts we met throughout our stay never offered their name to us! LOL
Breakfast- The Canalside has a really nice, new, modern breakfast/lounge are in the basement of the Inn. The offerings were typical of a continental breakfast at a hotel; bagels, muffins, danish, yogurt, fruit cup, cereal, coffee, tea, juice. We had wished they would offer some fresh fruit each morning.
Location- We really liked the location of this place. It was off the main drag yet convenient to shops, restaurants, etc. The beach was a hike so we drove or biked in each day. It was a nice quiet street.
Accomodations- There is plenty of parking at the Inn. They also offer free bikes to use during your stay and we took advantage of taking them to the beach each day as parking in Rehoboth can be a pain and costly too! We also used the pool and hot tub a couple of days though we were shocked at how small the pool was! It is amazing how a photo can make something look bigger than it is! ;-) The pool is the size of a large hot tub, lol. The whole Inn was modern, clean, and looked recently remodeled.
Room- We stayed in Room #9 which is located on the second floor overlooking the pool. It was a very nice room - clean and modern! It had a comfy king bed and small bathroom. The room was cleaned and restocked each day. One small recommendation we have is to rip up the carpet and lay wood floors in the rooms. The carpet had some stains on it and we think wood floors are easier to maintain and classier at nice inns such as the Canalside.
Price- We paid about $180/night for the room and feel that was a fair price for amenities we received. We stayed during peak season, July.
Gay owned- Canalside Inn is gay owned/operated which is one of the main reasons we chose it.
Recommendation- We would definitely recommend Canalside Inn to future travelers to Rehoboth and would consider staying her again if we come back to the are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Often referred to as The Nation’s Summer Capital, the beautiful Rehoboth Beach offers friendly hospitality partnered with a relaxed pace. When you’re looking for a place to stay in Rehoboth there is no better place than at Canalside Inn. Canalside Inn offers a contemporary boutique style inn exclusively for adults. Canalside Inn offers our guests a casual and contemporary boutique-style inn, which stands out as a cut above the ordinary. Sophistication, style, and affordability are how our guests often describe our inn. Conveniently nestled across from the picturesque Lewes-Rehoboth Canal, Canalside Inn is just a short walk from the center of town, the boardwalk, or the beach. The best way to start your day is with our complimentary Continental Breakfast featuring juice, freshly brewed coffee, tea, yogurt, fresh fruit, and a tempting assortment of muffins served daily in our downstairs living room. Feel free to enjoy your breakfast at our community dining table, poolside, on the front porch, or the privacy of your room. It is our goal at Canalside Inn is to provide a relaxed atmosphere and causal environment for every one of our guests and we are more than happy to aid you in any way during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Canalside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Beach, Delaware