My husband and I stayed at the Canalside Inn from August 20 to 22. The representative working at the front desk when we checked in (and at all other times during our stay) was very friendly and helpful. I think he stayed late (past 10 pm) on August 20 just so that we could check in. He graciously allowed us to store our bags at the Inn after checkout on August 22 for several hours.
The Inn is nicely decorated (I liked the blue walls and the little lamps with beads on them), very clean, and has a great shower. The bed in our room was also very comfortable. The pastries, bagels, etc. provided in the morning for breakfast were tasty and tided us over until lunch. The Inn is located in a very quiet area, and there are no children allowed as guests at the Inn, so our stay there was very peaceful. Also, the free Internet access at the Inn worked well- much better than at some other hotels we've stayed at.
The price of our stay at the Inn was very affordable, compared to most places in Rehoboth, which was a major reason why we stayed there. However, I'd recommend that you drive if you stay here, since it is quite far away from the shops and the beach. We took a long-distance bus to Rehoboth, and it was quite a schlep to walk to and from the beach every day several times- I'd estimate that it takes 15-20 minutes to walk to where all the shops are, and 25 minutes to get to the actual beach. We did figure out how to take the bus to and from the beach, and we did that a couple of times, but it's not that convenient. It would also be nice to ride a bike to the beach or elsewhere, and bikes are provided (for free, I think) by the Inn, but when your husband doesn't know how to ride a bike, that is not an option, unfortunately.
We saw a lot of dogs and their owners staying at the Inn- it seems that the Inn's policy of allowing pets at the inn is a big draw for pet owners. We love dogs and the other guests were very friendly, and we didn't have any issues with dogs being noisy or anything like that. Most of the other guests seemed to have brought their cars with them. I have a feeling that guests with dogs drive to Henlopen Beach, where dogs are allowed, and not Rehoboth Beach.
So, all in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Inn, but if we stayed there again, we'd definitely drive. And I might consider staying somewhere a bit closer to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Often referred to as The Nation’s Summer Capital, the beautiful Rehoboth Beach offers friendly hospitality partnered with a relaxed pace. When you’re looking for a place to stay in Rehoboth there is no better place than at Canalside Inn. Canalside Inn offers a contemporary boutique style inn exclusively for adults. Canalside Inn offers our guests a casual and contemporary boutique-style inn, which stands out as a cut above the ordinary. Sophistication, style, and affordability are how our guests often describe our inn. Conveniently nestled across from the picturesque Lewes-Rehoboth Canal, Canalside Inn is just a short walk from the center of town, the boardwalk, or the beach. The best way to start your day is with our complimentary Continental Breakfast featuring juice, freshly brewed coffee, tea, yogurt, fresh fruit, and a tempting assortment of muffins served daily in our downstairs living room. Feel free to enjoy your breakfast at our community dining table, poolside, on the front porch, or the privacy of your room. It is our goal at Canalside Inn is to provide a relaxed atmosphere and causal environment for every one of our guests and we are more than happy to aid you in any way during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Canalside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Canalside Inn Rehoboth Beach, Delaware