“Good breakfast, cute atmosphere”
Review of Royal Treat

Royal Treat
Ranked #3 of 31 Dessert in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Royal Treat was located right next to our hotel so we knew we wanted to try it out. We were lucky one morning and were able to walk right in as we didn't have a preference to sit on the porch; the next morning the line was backed up to the sidewalk, so we were glad we went when we did. The staff is all very friendly. The menu has your standard breakfast fare- eggs, pancakes, french toast, omelets, etc. The atmosphere lent itself to a cozy mom-and-pop feeling. They kept the hot coffee coming and we were pleased with our breakfast choices. I had the French toast with Italian bread, which came sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. My husband enjoyed the chipped beef over home fries. This place is very nice for a relaxed morning with good, hot food, and the proximity to the beach can't be beat.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Asked for eggs over medium, they were over easy. Asked for crisp home fries, they were burned black. Had to ask twice for butter and finally got butter so cold it wouldn't melt on the French toast. A server (not ours) came over to fill our water glasses and was intercepted by another server (again, not ours) and she told her that we "were fine" so she walked away, leaving us with empty water glasses. Paid the bill and threw them into a tizzy when I asked to speak to someone about all of this as this was the first time I have had problems. They finally sent a woman and our server over and, before I even got a chance to speak, she started in with how many years the same cook has been there. I explained about the burned home fries and I was told by our server Batmun that I should have ordered them regular. At that point, I realized that I wasn't going to get anywhere with these two uninterested employees and no manager on site so I just thanked them and left, probably for good. Sad...

3  Thank Sandi305
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Although there was a line to get in at breakfast time (opens at 8:00 a.m. - would recommend going very close to 8 or a little before!), the food was very good, and the servers were able to keep up with the crazy pace. The atmosphere was just ok, but hey, it's breakfast!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'm so pleased that places like Royal Treat still exist in the world. This fantastic, family-run ice cream parlor takes you back to a simpler time and puts you at ease. If you're in Rehoboth--you have to stop by for an ice cream cone on their screened porch to relax and let the beach environment soak in.

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is my fathers favorite place in Rehoboth to get ice cream. He loves you can sit down and enjoy your ice cream, in classic flavors, like an old fashioned ice cream parlor. It is spacious and clean. Also no soft serve or unusual flavors here, just classic ice cream and sundays!