“A Wonderful Way to Spend an Autumn Week in Rehoboth!”

Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Eastern Shore of VA
“A Wonderful Way to Spend an Autumn Week in Rehoboth!”
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Sea Witch Manor is excellent in every way! The Sunrise Suite was absolutely gorgeous with period furnishings and plenty of room to spread out... not to mention the inn's terrific location - convenient to everything in Rehoboth Beach... But the best part was the INCREDIBLE gourmet breakfast we enjoyed each morning prepared by the inn's lovely owner, Inez. We already can't wait to go back!

• Liked — gourmet breakfasts, stunning decor, great location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 9 October 2008

My wife and I stayed for 9 days, 8 nights (Sept. 13 - 21) in Rehoboth Beach. We wanted to stay at a B&B that was near the beach and close to town. When we searched on line, we liked the Sea Witch Manor immediately, but had some concerns due to a recent review that someone had left. We contacted Inez, the innkeeper and we immediately felt that this reviewer was someone with a grudge or agenda. The fact that the properties were 3 diamonds at AAA also overrode that review in our minds.
There are actually three buildings, all next door to each other. We spent our first two nights at Bedazzled, in the Humphrey Bogart Suite, and then 6 nights at Sea Witch Manor, in Suite Arlene. Both rooms were beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean each and every day of our stay. And the size of our rooms were both larger than had we stayed in a hotel.
Breakfasts in both buildings were excellent. At Bedazzled, you served yourself from an assortment of cereals, freshly baked muffins, freshly cut fruit and hard boiled eggs. There also was juice, coffee and tea. At Sea Witch, Inez prepared well cooked and beautifully presented breakfasts which were served on the wraparound porch or inside, depending on the weather. Those breakfasts also included freshly cut fruit and freshly baked muffins, juice, coffe and tea
Unlike some other B&B's they provided beach chairs, so you didn't have to drag those from home. There were also hot tubs at both of the buildings where we stayed. Bedazzled has a common room with a large screen tv. Also, both buildings have a cordials bar where you can help yourself to after dinner cordials. Additionally, there is ample parking on the property so you don't have to feed those meters that are everywhere. The property is 3 blocks from the beach and town, so there wasn't much reason to move the car other than to go to the 3 outlets, which are probably about 1 1/2 to 3 miles away or to visit other neighboring towns in the area.
Hospitality wise, Inez and her staff were very accessible and helpful with anything and everything that we needed. Inez even went so far as to invite us to a private party that she was hosting.
All in all, I can't imagine that we would have had a better vacation than the 9 days spent at Sea Witch.

• Liked — Inez and staff were very attentive, excellent breakfasts, well decorated rooms
  • Disliked — No complaints whatsoever
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 September 2008

I stayed at the Sea Witch over the Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, another guest's dog bit me while I was at the Sea Witch. I was very impressed with the innkeeper's response when I told her I was bit. She immediately apologized profusely since her policy is to only allow well-behaved pets. She went to the dog's owners, and asked them to board their dog for the rest of their stay so that other guests wouldn't be exposed to the dog. The dog's owners became violent and loud, but the innkeeper kept her cool and stood her ground. If you're looking for a B&B where the owners care about their guests and their safety, then this is the place for you!

Apart from the very attentive owners and staff, the Sea Witch is just a great place to stay. It's centrally located to all of downtown Rehoboth and the beach and pier. The rooms are clean and very well furnished. What you see on the website is exactly what you get when you stay at the Sea Witch.

I definitely plan on staying at the Sea Witch next time I'm in Rehoboth.

• Liked — The attentive and caring staff
  • Stayed August 2008
Maine
Reviewed 11 September 2008

This is a great place to stay, they have three unique buildings right next door to each other, a perfect oaisis in downtown Rehoboth, close to it all ocean, boardwalk and dinning. The homes are clean and maitained to perfection. The previous statement made by the disgruntled guest, who stayed in the same building I did on the same weekend, forgot to mention that their dog bit one of the other guest and was not on the leash when it did so. The missing shower head was a lie like everything in the review. The over 4000 square foot deck where all the guest can enjoy became a frightning place when the dog lunged and bit another guest. I respect the owners decision to ask the guest to kennel the dog or they would have to leave the B&B. I fell sorry that they had to deal with the guest who threw keys into the face of the staff and slammed doors so hard while cussing thier way out the door. All I can say is after they left it was a better place! I signed on to do a review, observed the awful review - I had to make a comment!

• Liked — The friendly and fun Theamed rooms, Darrin II in Bewitched
  • Disliked — I did not stay long enough
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shipbailey
delaware
Reviewed 2 September 2008

No welcome, no tour of amenities. Where's your money - here's the room...after we finally tracked someone down (right at check-in time, by the way, not some strange hour of the day). Establishment is overpriced, junky not kitchy like the photos, noisy street, and our shower was dirty and didn't have a shower head. Our room had peeling paint on the door, and ripped wallpaper by the lightswitch. The TVs are the size of a postage stamp, no phones in the rooms, 'fireplaces' are fake electric ones. My daughter's shower was very moldy and her muffin had a hair in it (human). Her room was stifling hot til the middle of the night and she had no screens on the windows so she couldn't open them. My husband hurt his back hauling stuff to the second floor up the narrow rickety staircase, when we had requested a first floor room and were told we were getting a free same-floor "upgrade".
They advertise dog-friendly status and have no separate common areas for dog people so when a renter from the next building complained about our dog - we were told to leave. 3 rooms, 3 nights - almost $2,000 - and we are asked to leave after one night, no refunds.
Later when I read their policy that was emailed to me with a receipt on our way home, it said your DOG would have to leave and I would have been happy to put her in a kennel since my son and daughter both came from different states to join us here for a family vacation but that was not offered as an option.
When I looked back at my other emailed receipts to see why they sent another one after we got home, I noticed that the 'dog policy' was a new addition AFTER we left. Worst vacation experience ever. I not only won't stay there again but not in Rehoboth or any B&B ever again.

• Disliked — hostile atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank b1379r
Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2008

We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe "suite" although it is really a small room with a private bath. The room was special, filled with Monroe things, etc. However, the bathroom was gross - the jetted tub had moldy caulking and moldy jets and were never cleaned (it also smelled very musty all the time). The room is on the first floor on the street and lots of noise came in from the street - it was hard to sleep.

At check-in, it took an hour to get checked in and we patiently waited in the kitchen. When it was our turn, the welcome was not warm. The bill wasn't correct, but after that was sorted out, we were admonished by whoever checked us in to move our car as close to the next as possible. Throughout the entire 5 days we stayed, we were continually questioned about which car was ours (even though we didn't move it at all).

We only received beach towels in the room once, and the other four days we had to search for more. When I first asked about the towels from the woman who checked us in, I felt like we were interrogated because the towels were supposed to be in the room. She asked me 3 times if I was sure the towels weren't in my room. After confirming they were not (maybe she finally believed me), we were supplied with the towels. Then we knew where to get them because we had to hunt for them.

The breakfast was okay. It was a continental breakfast and if you didn't wake up early, you got left overs from what people didn't want. So, sometimes there were no hard boiled eggs, little fruit, etc. When you could grab a muffin, those were GOOD.

The main living room in BEDazzled was really nice, with comfy loungers and a huge TV on the wall, but the sound never worked, so you couldn't watch TV or a DVD. We had a small TV in the room, but it didn't have a remote control in our room and no offer to supply one.

The walk to the beach is 2 & 1/2 lonnnnggg blocks (almost a 10 minute walk). These are very long blocks, but good access to the main drag.

They have a wonderful deck with tables and chairs and a sunken hot tub. However!!! The foliage surrounding the deck is infested with some type of bug like aphids (whatever they are, the lady bugs and flies LUV to eat them!). The wind carries these white things all over the tables and into whatever you are eating and drinking, so it is pretty gross.

I've been to many B&B's and this is the most lacking in service and amenities. I know people have written some glowing reviews, which is why we booked, but we were not impressed.

• Liked — The building and room were decorated beautifully - you could tell a lot of time and attention went into it.
  • Disliked — Breakfast, bathroom cleanliness, bugs outside
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank happyinva06
PA
Reviewed 3 August 2008

The Sea Witch B& B is a beautifully decorated place to stay. Spotlessly clean, delicious breakfast served on the victorian front porch consisting of warm muffins, plenty of coffee, fresh fruit, juice, and great entree. Staff is pleasantly helpful. Beds are comfortable. We stayed in 2 different rooms- both beautiful, comfortable, and CLEAN. Walking distance to the beach and boardwalk, and plenty of shopping. Definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — The clean and beautiful atmosphere.
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family