“Recent Stay July 4th Holiday”
Review of Beach View Motel

Beach View Motel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our first stay at the Beach View. The room we stayed in was clean but nothing special. It seemed to have been maybe an older room or a room not up to date. It did not have a table or chairs but the pictures on line do show table and chairs so I wonder if the picture is just a standard picture used for all of the rooms.

My one suggestion would be to have chairs outside so you can have the option of sitting outside. Other motels like Beach View that are set up the same way do have chairs available to sit and it is nice especially if like us, you do not have a balcony. The location is very good and that is a definite positive.

The breakfast was very good for being continental and was actually surprising as to the various food options available.

I would go back and I will recommend the motel. My only suggestion is to get a balcony room.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are so happy you chose to stay with us at the Beach View and that you will return and recommend us to others. I would like to recommend #1, that you reserve early, when you will more than likely get the room you want, and the accommodations you desire. Secondly, because we are changing furniture, etc. so frequently, sometimes there is not room for everything that was there previously. A phone call to the front desk will enable us to do our best to accommodate your needs. As for chairs on the common balconies, we can't permanently put chairs there since it is also a walkway. You are permitted to take chairs from your room to sit in on the balcony as long as you don't leave them unattended. I hope you will return and give us a second chance to make your stay the most enjoyable, yet. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We totally enjoyed our time at Beach View Motel. It is centrally located to everything you could want; the beach, the boardwalk, the stores, the restaurants and the arcades if you have children. You just walk outside and everything is right there. Providing breakfast, wine and cheese, and cookies at night and beach chairs are lovely perks. Everything was kept clean and well taken care of. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
My only disappointment was with the point system the hotel told me about at the time of my booking. I had stayed at the Avenue Inn the prior year and was told that starting with this booking I would get points to be used for future stays. I assumed that this would show up on the computer.
I just booked another stay at the Avenue Inn and when I asked about the points they told me I had to have downloaded an app to my phone and needed to show it to them when I registered to have gotten the points. They told me it was too late now. Unfortunately this was not mentioned, and I am not sure where this information about this program is listed. The person making the new reservations told me something about going to an app store for "perks" but was not real clear.
Hopefully I will figure it out as we would like to be repeat customers for the Beach View and Avenue Inn. For other visitors it may be worth your while to ask about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

First I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Beach View. The location and the amenities you mention are definitely favorites of our many guests. Our staff works extremely hard to make the Beach View a "home away from home" for our guests.

With regards to the Perka Points system, I understand your frustration. Let me see if I can make this point system a little easier for you. First - any points that you have been assigned are still there. When you "check in" on your phone. Second--it is not too late to receive any points that you are due. We can always assign points to you as long as you are "checked into the app" on your phone and are standing at the front desk at the time. The next time you visit, please make a point of asking for me, if you are staying at the Beach View or Jim if you are staying at the Avenue. We will make sure you get the points you are to receive, as well as help you with any issues you are having with the app.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing, and we appreciate your repeat business.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I won't even entertain another motel in Rehoboth since I have always had a nice experience here. Great location with easy access to the boardwalk and the beach. Check in is technically at 3:00, but you can access the property at 11 and use their changing room and pool, or head to the beach after you register your vehicle in their parking lot. Nice continental breakfast and very clean rooms!! Thank you for another enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Stacy D, Thank you so very much for being such a wonderfully loyal customer. , It is awesome to know you are staying with us so frequently. We will continue to work hard to make sure every time you stay with us is equally as enjoyable if not better each time. Your time in placing the review to let others know about the Beach View is sincerely appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall a great Beach Hotel for the price. The location is fantastic, just off the beach, and very close to restaurants and shopping. They have wine and cheese in the afternoon, and home baked chocolate chip cookies every night. They serve a decent Continental Breakfast every morning which can save you a lot of money. The room overall was very spacious with a nice balcony to watch the life on the street. The people at the front desk and Maid service were all very nice. Parking was ample and free. My only complaint about the Hotel was that the towels were very small and thin and I wish they were replaced with larger ones.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank drvn2bronc

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, while visiting Rehoboth and for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Beach View. While there were a few items I also believe we can work on and improve I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a pleasant time in our area and that you will return again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Beach View Motel is a great place to stay at Rehoboth Beach. Management caters to their clientele and does everything they can do to make vacations memorable. Breakfasts are good - happy hour nice - but freshly baked cookies in the evening are the best part of the day. We stay at the Beach View every year. Best place to stay.

Room Tip: Reserve early. Balcony rooms are especially nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PATRICIA L
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Many many thanks Patricia L for being such a wonderful guest and for taking the time to write such an awesome review. We certainly appreciate your staying with us every year. Contented repeat guests, such as yourself, is what we strive to attain. We can't wait to see you next year.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family has been vacationing in Rehoboth for years. For the past 12 years we always return to the Beach View Motel. Best staff, clean rooms and we get to see the same friends year after year as they too also stay time and time again. We have already booked for 2015! Don't hesitate, stay at the Beach View Motel... it's the BEST!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views from the balcony side!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wow! Susan V. Thank you for such an awesome review and thanks for taking time out to review us. We sincerely appreciate our repeat guests and are so grateful that you continue to come year after year. Since I started managing the Beach View twelve years ago, I guess I have taken my journey every year that you have vacationed with us. Thanks for teaching me how to be a better manager. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Beachview is a great hotel in a good location and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for it. I am always greeted by friendly staff and and issues that arise, although over the years they have been minimal, are always handled immediately. I would highly recommend this hotel but hate to tell too many people because it would be impossible to get a room once too many people have tried it, as they would never go anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences while staying with us at the Beach View. Your wonderful review and your taking the time to write it is sincerely appreciated. We are grateful for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you again, very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rehoboth Beach
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
#7 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic View Hotel
Atlantic View Hotel
#2 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Beach View Motel? Share your experiences!